Liquidator

JRC ETD

Liquidator

Post by JRC ETD »

Good facts on Vintage sleds.com Liquidator specs. Yoke handle bars were standard in 1976, exclusive to the Liquidator, as were the Kelsey Hayes brakes standard. T bars was the hot set-up in 77 as a option! The molded Goodyear track was recommeded as a speed option in 1977 with the aluminum suspension, riviting the bars to the track! I know the full grouser plastic track was not in our sleds in 77. Weight is relative, my 1977 light weight Liquidator was weighed at 445 lbs dry and was legal. Interesting the rest of the world knows these sleds were fast, but can't believe it with the weight! Vintage sleds post asked "What happen to Polaris driver Don Omdahl"?.......Don crashed and had a compound fracture of the leg chasing a Liquidator in the I-500 ! Adios!
JoeRainville

Liquidator

Post by JoeRainville »

John,

Thanks for post more Dator info. One question though, all 3 of my Dators have regular mechanical cable brakes. None came with K/H Juice brakes. All the 340/s I have ever seen all had the K/H brake, but niether of my 2 CC's have it.

Was there a difference from the "race destined" Dators than the few sold through dealerships?

Thanks!
-Joe
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
JRC ETD

Liquidator

Post by JRC ETD »

Joe, It's possible that the K/H brake was a kit for the Liquidator and CC Liquifire, might what to check your JD bundle references, although I know I never raced or had practice sleds without them, could be wrong Joe! When is you first snow cross and where is it......easy for me to come North from Charlotte
I500

Liquidator

Post by I500 »

All this talk about the Liquidators and the temps falling as nightfall sets in has me browsing over to the Waconia snowmobile website to look at the pics from the 2004 show.

Guys , We had the nicest display of Dators and 340/s sleds that were gathered for many years........ Memories, how sweet that weekend was. We made lots of new friends that weekend and the beer flowed well.
Trucker

Liquidator

Post by Trucker »

I500 wrote: All this talk about the Liquidators and the temps falling as nightfall sets in has me browsing over to the Waconia snowmobile website to look at the pics from the 2004 show.

Guys , We had the nicest display of Dators and 340/s sleds that were gathered for many years........ Memories, how sweet that weekend was. We made lots of new friends that weekend and the beer flowed well.
That was a real nice display....seems that was the first time i met wade
wadeo108

Liquidator

Post by wadeo108 »

and to this day you still regret it too.
Trucker

Liquidator

Post by Trucker »

Why would i regret it? You arent that bad...ok maybe sometimes you are but i think i can let that slide. Hell i still talk to you even though your a deere guy

:P