Wildfire at the 2016 HOF?

About the Snowmobile Hall of Fame's Ride With the Champs event.
nick80lf

Wildfire at the 2016 HOF?

Post by nick80lf »

Ok so I was browsing Facebook and noticed what sure looks like the IFS prototype sitting at the HOF.

What gives fellas?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
80 Liquifire (purchased 1996 ~ Running)
80 Liquifire (purchased 2010 ~ Running....Now)
80 Liquifire (purchased 2011 ~ Not running - I officially have a problem now)
83 Snowfire (purchased 2014 father/son restoration project)
78 Spitfire ~ sold (should have been shot for this)
Matt

Re: Wildfire at the 2016 HOF?

Post by Matt »

I was just getting ready to post something since I'm sure those guys have limited internet and everyone is at the Friday night fish fry as we speak (I'm not out there)

DA had a big surprise to announce to everyone this morning - the IFS Liquifire prototype (one of them?) has made it's way to the Hall of Fame from Polaris, along with a Polaris race trailer!
Attachments
IFS at HOF.jpg
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

the front suspension is obvious but also check out the rear suspension. Wish I had more time to go through it but think I can at a later date. Thanks to everyone who attended the unveiling this morning. Special thanks to Polaris for donating the sled to the Snowmobile Hall of Fame.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
AirborneX4Special

Post by AirborneX4Special »

WinnipegStPaul9 wrote:the front suspension is obvious but also check out the rear suspension. Wish I had more time to go through it but think I can at a later date. Thanks to everyone who attended the unveiling this morning. Special thanks to Polaris for donating the sled to the Snowmobile Hall of Fame.

DA
So is that the same sled that visited Waconia 6 years ago? That one had a much heavier skid than a production LF. If only they'd built them...... :boohoo:
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

People in the know say "yes" it's the same sled that was at Waconia in 2010 and those also in the know say it is NOT the same sled. I won'd know until I can com;pare pictures I have at home.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
AirborneX4Special

I am guessing it's the same one since the other prototype was a Sportfire as per Horicon Joe's picture collection. He has two pictures of that machine, one during construction and the other out and about on snow during testing.

Unless there were more than two built.? Mongo not know. Mongo only pawn in game of life.....
AirborneX4Special

WinnipegStPaul9 wrote:People in the know say "yes" it's the same sled that was at Waconia in 2010 and those also in the know say it is NOT the same sled. I won'd know until I can com;pare pictures I have at home.

DA
I compared the latest photo Matt posted of the sled at HOF with pictures from Waconia 2010. Both sleds pictured have the same impact damage on the front LH of chassis near the strut. Apparently someone got too close to something many moons ago.
buckeyetrailfire

Post by buckeyetrailfire »

I overheard someone who has seen this sled and took pictures on 2 separate occasions and it's the same sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1979 Trailfire 440
1980 Trailfire 340
1980 sportfire
AirborneX4Special

I'm convinced it's the same sled. The piece of yellow tape adorning the right hand grip is present on both machines.
540fan

Post by 540fan »

Holly old thread resurrection....

We took that sled along with 8 or 9 other sleds out to Yellowstone on a Xmas family vacation back in the day. There is a photo floating around of it parked in front of the family motor home with all of us sitting on JD sleds. We put a few hundred miles on it and it was a dream to ride. We’d get some strange looks when stopped along the trails, in town, or outside restaurants. Some riders would almost want to pull you over to ask about it. Alas too late to ever go into production.

I also had some fun with that sled jumping things we weren’t supposed to in and around the Horicon golf course that was south of town and across the river from our house. ;-). It may have been run over some open water in the Burnet ditch but I can’t confirm that..... Imagine sitting at the dinner table trying to explain why you sank the IFS sled in the water....Fortunately physics were in favor of a successful crossing...

Sometimes it might have been best to keep prototypes away from college kids home for breaks and Christmas....😎

One of them had a big engine in it and I never had the chance to ride that one.

It was a nice sled for the day.
Platinum_2

Post by Platinum_2 »

Thanks for sharing.
1981 Liquifire
1980 Sportfire
AirborneX4Special

Big engine....
Interceptor engine intercepting a Deere...

Sure would've been fun
400brian

Post by 400brian »

There has been talk of cloning that IFS prototype over the years. It would be fun to be able to do a little "testing" on that technology.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.