Russ Ebert and Ed Kruel.....IFS

JRC ETD

Post by JRC ETD »

Both Russ Ebert and Ed Kruel will be at the HOF, Russ built the second version of the IFS sled....and Ed did alot of the test riding, Ed's pictures are in the HOF video, I'm sure with Russ, Ed, Stan, and many other founders of the "Fire" series in attendence this will be a well discussed topic.....Russ's sled is very different than the strut sleds.....the engine story will be good as well! With over 20 years past, the facts should surface and if the sleds still exsist they should be brought forward regardless of any situation... and certainly a important piece of history! I believe they do as there was a reason those pictures at Roseau were taken.....so let's see them! I have a friend that recalls seeing them 10 years ago in Mn. JRC
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Jon,

I am looking forward to talking with the creaters of the IFS Liquifires 'engineer to engineer" and hearing about what other Kawi motors Deere was playing with toward the end.

I also believe Russ Ebert is currently in charge of "Team Arctic." Maybe I can find out if it's worth getting an 08 600cc SnoCrosser for next year too.

Thanks for helping to get such a cool crew gathered to pay homage to your father. Should be a good and proper tribute for his induction.

See you next Weds at 5:00 at the HOF!

-Joe

B)
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
Horicon Joe

Post by Horicon Joe »

Jon ..... Any word if Lee Hardesty is going to be there? I'm sure he cold shed a lot of light on this as well. As far as checking into this at Polaris, I did some checking last year through a friend of mine Cliff Allen and he knew just the right person to talk to at Polaris. They confirmed the sleds do exist and that is all the further anyone was willing to go with it.

Joe
Please add your Real Name in your User Profile or at least your first Name!
JRC ETD

Post by JRC ETD »

Joe/Joe....looking forward to getting together, just talked to Bob and he is excited and proud that so many are coming.....Joe, the Horicon grapevine was trying to contact Lee, he was so important to all the happened, and he really personally helped me so many times.....he told me before the start of the 75 I-500 not to worry about the engine, he varified the jet's and needle settings and with a smile said twist it as hard as you can, the rings will finally "seat" the last day.....I felt so confident after those words from Lee, I never thought at all about the engine! Joe R., Russ Ebert is terrific, his son snow crosses, and Russ built some awesome race vehicules.....Roger was a awesome friend......Joe, don't think the IFS sleds are at Polaris, but I'm pretty sure we will solve this puzzle....Joe R.....Blair and Tucker at the HOF??? and both race directors.....better polish your pilots wings and get your race face on.....never know, got to promote every day! Best JRC
sledchad

Post by sledchad »

ok if there is no "Wildfire" as i am almost confinced now. Do wanna know if the IFS LF"s still exist. I was wondering if all the sleds Polaris received when deere got bought out if they still have them or if they dont done where have they of gone?? Maybe someone could ask these questions at the HOF? WIsh I could go but gotta work and sledless at the moment.
dator

Post by dator »

Jon:Brother Dan & I were at Russ'shop in Brainnerd in 84 or 85,Russ gave us some helmets and told us to give the two IFS sleds he had a try.Sure liked the way they handled in the trails,Dan did a little jumping on some ditch crossings,and said it was close to an indy.It'll be great to see everybody that was involved in the forming of John Deere race selds.See you next wednesday at the HOF.
Horicon Joe

Post by Horicon Joe »

Larry Swanson called me last night and says he plans on coming. He also told me
that Lee Hardesty and his wife are going ..... Dick Teal and Jack Hoffman plan on going as well. Should be a good time.

Joe
Please add your Real Name in your User Profile or at least your first Name!
JDCornFlakes

Post by JDCornFlakes »

All you lucky buggers getting to go to HOF ride !!

Sure wish was able to go and meet all the legends ( Jon included) but must travel for work next week.

Can you guys PLEASE take lots of pixs of sleds , people and etc. for all us losers that are unable to attend ??

The info on these IFS Liquifires is eating me up...I really would like to know will they surface ? Or is it just wishful thinking on everyones part ?

That reference to video after HOF is past...will we bto have it posted for download ?

Thanx Dave
DAVE
From Ontario...That's in Canada not in California eh !
Tom Rowland

Post by Tom Rowland »

Hi everyone. I just joined here tonight. What a great site this is, and I don't even own a JD sled! Lots of great history on this site, it might take me weeks to get through all of this. This story seemed to end and I have to ask...have the experimental IFS sleds ever surfaced again? Tom.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Tom, First off welcome to the site, It doesn't seem that they will surface, were all hoping but who really knows if they still exist?? maybe someday??
There are a few members that hope to build replicas, but with so few detailed photos It might be quit a challange..

Ken Heins
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?