'80 Sportfire for Charity

WinnipegStPaul9

Re: '80 Sportfire for Charity

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Guys there's a major change. I think it's for the good. Tonight I was able to buy an 80 Sportfire on Ebay (auction 120423157369). I would like to use this sled for our "charity" sled. I still need PJ's expertise and facility but his Sporty was going to take a lot more work than this one. I previously spoke to PJ about this possibility and he was in agreement that this sled would be a much better sled to start with. Any comments? DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Matt

Post by Matt »

It will be much easier with something that complete.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
pjr

Post by pjr »

Hi Guys~
DA and I emailed back-forth about that Ebay Sporty sled he was looking at and I agreed with him, it was a better foundation to start with, so he bought it. Since it was more complete (all there) compared to my donor machine we were going to use, we decided to use DA's sled instead to fix-up for the charity donation. We can still use my spare '80 Sporty we were going to use originally as a donor parts sled to rob what we may need to complete the charity sled, as I've got *A LOT* of parts for that thing here.

I assume DA will be getting with me shortly to make arrangements to bring the sled to my shop here so we can started on it and the first week of June should be a good starting date for it. (The new shop is nearly ready!)

Also, I nominate DA to take care of the funds that will be donated by whom-ever and we'll use what we get to buy whatever stuff we might need to finish the sled. Do we have a second?

Another thought... Since DA purchased the machine with his own money, maybe we can all pitch in a buck or two to even things out a bit. Thoughts?

Lastly, I'll take detailed pictures of the progress and post them here on the board for everyone to see as we move forward. This project should be great fun and I for one can't wait to get started! :beers;

BTW...here is the address to my shop here, in case anyone needs to send something~

Phil "PJ" Rickard
4411 Engle Ridge Drive
Fort Wayne, IN. 46804

pj
JD600

Post by JD600 »

PJ,

I second your motion. The paint should be there early next if not this week.

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
WinnipegStPaul9

Guys I'd feel better if we could nail down the charity(s). The scenario I like best is having an ETD rider at the "Ride with the Champs" event and auctioning the sled on Saturday night with proceeds being split between HOF and Breast Cancer. What's your ideas?

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Matt

Post by Matt »

DA, we still need to get an OK from Loren at the HOF to do that. I called him a couple times but have yet to talk to him.

I am still happy to use my separate Paypal account for the web site for donations for the sled, but if Don wants to take care of that, that's fine as well. I also wanted to see more final plans nailed down before taking donations.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
WinnipegStPaul9

Matt wrote:DA, we still need to get an OK from Loren at the HOF to do that. I called him a couple times but have yet to talk to him.

I am still happy to use my separate Paypal account for the web site for donations for the sled, but if Don wants to take care of that, that's fine as well. I also wanted to see more final plans nailed down before taking donations.
I'm totally with Matt in that we need to finalize plans before proceeding. I've purchased the sled, it's no big deal whether it becomes the "charity" sled or not, I'll still restore it. We need to nail down the charity and no, I do not want to be the keeper of the money. I emailed Jon with our thoughts and asked for his input. If he likes the HOF/Breast Cancer Awareness idea then he would most likely be the one to approach Loren (in my opinion).

I would say our next logical step is to finalize the recipient of the sled/funds before we proceed farther.

DA
pjr

Post by pjr »

Sounds good on the funds collection then, so Matt, you can take care of that when we're ready. Also, I'm good with whatever charity you guys want to go with or whichever way you guys' decide to go. Talk amongst yourselves gents... :lol: :usa:

pj
pjr

Post by pjr »

Updated participant list of items, funds, parts, etc. received~

JD600: Various cans/colors of sled paint
WinnepegStPaul: Complete 1980 Sportfire donor sled
River Rat: NOS rear chrome grab bar
pj sportfire: Other 1980 Sportfire donor sled, misc. parts and shop facilities

So far, so good guys! :clap:

pj