Charity Sled Build Day

Matt

Re: Charity Sled Build Day

Post by Matt »

PJ, you've got space for more now, but I'm going to end up moving them somewhere else eventually.

Matt
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
pjr

Post by pjr »

Thanks Matt and once I upload the rest of the photos from the Charity Sled Build Day (which I think should become a special, permanent part of jdsleds.com archives for everyone to enjoy) I'll be done with the photo stuff. Any large number of pics I post of my own junk, I'll do so on a public photo hosting service as you've requested to save you server space. :)

Thanks a bunch once again for hosting these here, as I'm sure everyone appreciates it. :beers;

PJ
pjr

Post by pjr »

Last photo of the jdsleds.com Sportfire Charity Sled Build Day, October 3rd, 2009. Wheewwwww!! :sled:

A SPECIAL thanks goes out to our fearless leader and Admin Matt, for making provisions for us to host this slew of pictures on his website that we all can enjoy! I'm going to make a donation to him to assist in carrying some of the costs of the bandwidth we've burned up in these past weeks as we've posted on our progress. If any of you have any extra lunch money lying around, you might toss over a few coins to Matt- just to say "thanks" if anything.

Cheers Matt and THANK YOU, as a LOT of folks will appreciate the pictures you're hosting I'm sure. :beers;

Oh yeah...almost forgot~ Here's the link to the You Tube Video that shows the Sporty taking its first breath and coming to life for the first time, in case anyone missed it. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoKZmogZPAM

Kind Regards,
Phil "PJ" Rickard
Attachments
DSC02479.JPG
DSC02479.JPG (108.26 KiB) Viewed 3865 times
JDT

Post by JDT »

Thanks for posting all those great pictures PJ.

Love the smiles on the guy's faces. A fantasic job!
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

Well, what an adventure!

Even though I couldn’t wait to share me experience on “build day”, it was equally important to take my time, savor the experience and not forget anything.

PJ- Man what a facility you provided for us. Frankly I wasn’t sure I could function in such a well lighted, clean and well equipped shop. lol Seriously guys you had to see this place to appreciate all of his efforts. It’s as close as I’ll ever come to working in a NASCAR shop. Thanks again to you and Jenny also for everything you did all day and also providing the food and refreshments.

Kevin- I’m sorry that you couldn’t stay till the end, the photos of the “finished sled” truly have someone missing from them! Folks, it would be hard to express how much work Kevin did leading up to “build day”. Were it not for his work on prep stuff (installing headlight/grill in the hood, decals, etc) I’m not sure we would have pulled it off. The photos of the sled really don’t show just how nice Kevin’s paint work is; just wait till you see it in person.

Dinosaur Dan- We go back a ways…………… it’s just been a pleasure! How cool for us to be able to “build” a sled together (but a Deere…….. never saw that one coming). It’s hard to imagine making that kind of progress without you being there. I think you were the only one that didn’t blink when I stated we were driving the sled out of the shop before we left. lol

Bob- It was nice to see you again, only wish you guys had spent less time re-creating American Chopper episodes. lol I wish you could have stayed till the end of the day also.

Don Amber- I’m sure I’ll never truly know how much work you did behind the scenes. I can’t imagine organizing all those parts (before and after they were shipped all over the mid-west). Guys if you weren’t there, you would never believe that EVERYTHING we needed was there! You have all my respect and I wanted to say again THANK YOU for including me with this project.

I want to thank everyone that helped make this project happen. It’s hard to imagine the site of all those NOS parts (some still in the packaging) all in the same place. Thanks to all those who repaired, reconditioned or supplied parts to make this day possible.

Just wait till you see this machine in person!

Later,
Roger
Matt

Post by Matt »

:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Roger and crew....that machine looks amazing! Glad to see you could make the trip to help out. Fantastic work and a job well done by all!!!