Thank you Smart Recreational Parts

WinnipegStPaul9

Thank you Smart Recreational Parts

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

One of the finishing touches we need is new egg crate foam for the underhood of the Sportfire. I wrote Smart Recreational Parts, told them about the project and they DONATED the foam. If you get a chance please thank Scott at Smart Rec. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them in the past ( thanks to Matt putting their information on our FACS page) and have always been very satisified. Again, thank you Scott!!

Their website is http://www.smartrecparts.com/ and their 2010 catalogs are just out. Please help support them.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
pjr

Re: Thank you Smart Recreational Parts

Post by pjr »

Wow! They've got **A LOT** of stuff to choose from and their website is pretty slick too! I didn't even know they existed, so thanks for the link DA- I'll have to give them a call for my projects I'm working on now. :)

Thanks for the donation SRP!! :usa:

PJ
Smartrecparts

Post by Smartrecparts »

You guys are very welcome, we were happy to help, I only wish Scott and I had known about the project earlier, perhaps we could have helped out some more.

I love this project and love that the charity is the Komen foundation. Personally, every woman in my family over 50 years old has had, and thankfully beaten breast cancer. Most likely due to the awareness and support of foundations like Komen.

Thanks for thinking of us and best of luck with the auction.

Doug Palmer
SMART Recreational Parts
doug@smartrecparts.com

BTW: What you guys see online is nothing compared to what he have available, especially for the older sleds. Please feel free to email me with your needs (include your phone number as well in case I have questions) and I will do my best to help find what you need.
pjr

Post by pjr »

HI Doug and thanks for chiming in! :clap:

I usually do a **LOT** of business with Dennis Kirk for parts and they have always treated me well, but after seeing your awesome website the other day after DA posted the link (didn't know you existed) and since you've donated parts to us- I felt it fair to do some biz with you in return! Sooo.... As my small way of supporting you folks who have supported the jdsleds.com Charity Sportfire Sled, I'd like to place an order. :beers;

Here is my sled I need the following parts for:

1997 Yamaha Venture 500 2-up
- 2 SPI coated piston kits w/ pins, clips, rings (standard size)
- 2 upper end rod bearings
- Windrosa engine gasket kit
- 4 NGK sparkplugs
- One of those universal 2-stroke engine oil bottle storage thingy's you put in the engine bay

Either myself or my wife Jenny will follow-up with you tomorrow at some point with a phone call with part numbers, CC info, etc. to complete the order. Thanks again and we'll talk to you soon. :sled:

Phil "PJ" Rickard
pjr

Post by pjr »

Doug, you weren't in when my wife called this morning, (you must have banker's hours..) but we ordered our parts and they should be here soon. Thanks!

PJ
Smartrecparts

Post by Smartrecparts »

PJ, ya your wife missed me, but got Scott, who runs the show here. I wish I just worked bankers hours, I have a lawn care company during the summer and work here in the winter, so I am in my final week of "transition" (working dawn to dusk, then some) between summer and winter work, and will be back to full time at the shop next week.

Thanks for the order, glad we could help. We love knowing who our customers are other than just a name and address. Believe it or not, it's just Scott and I here answering phones and his daughter packing orders, so it's nice to "know" who someone is when they call rather than be just another name. Don't let our small size fool you though, we will bend over backwards to make sure you get what you need.

Thanks again, and props on the charity sled, it looks great from what I have seen for pics.

Doug

P.S. please let me know if you guys do another project like this next year, we would be interested in helping out again, perhaps more extensively if we can. Doug@smartrecparts.com
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Doug, would you send me a new catalog to: Don Amber / 3977 NW Carlin Court / Churubusco, IN 46723

Thanks,

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Well, we got all of our parts for the Charity Sled and the top-end parts for my wife's Yammi engine today. THANK YOU! She's happy she has her parts finally, but now she's been bugging me to "Get 'er' Done" everytime she walks past her sled without an engine in it. As every married man already knows- when the wife is happy, EVERYONE is happy!! :dance:

Thanks again Doug and I'll be giving you guys' more of my biz for sure! Excellent service!! :beers;

PJ
Smartrecparts

Post by Smartrecparts »

Don: Your catalog will go out with the next mailing batch in the next day or two

PJ: Thanks, glad you got everything and where happy, now get your butt in gear and get that sled back together for the wife! :bonk:

As always: :thinksnow:

Thanks guys,

Doug
JDT

Post by JDT »

I got my catolog Saturday. Thanks Doug.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD