Deere Racers at the Vintage I-500

lwb140

Re: Deere Racers at the Vintage I-500

Post by lwb140 »

ICCSF 108 wrote:Brian & Wade, after my surgery I won't be able to do much for months SOOO Maybe I'll be up there to watch also.. We'd better be thinking about Motel rooms I can't sleep in my Pickup like I used too, LOL

Kenny
im in ill check into it were do we need our rooms to be ??? wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

As close to race headquarters ( If in a motel? ) as we can get, & by now that might not be too close??

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
JRC ETD

Post by JRC ETD »

Time to tune this thread up.......Check out the Arctic insider for Brian Nelsons 3 sled build for the 500, Tom Otte, Bob Enns, and Doug Oster are building Liquifires as well as our JD leader Joe Rainville and Ken Waters, my personal Liquifire is being completed in Mooresville NC with some unique design features. This sled will go to Minnesota for testing in December. JRC
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

The Watersboy and I spent all day Saturday making progress with our I-500 racers. Learned a few things, figured out a few things, and need to buy more parts. We did settle on how we are going to mount the rear FOX shock and the Cat bars and controls. Adapting some other parts is going to be more of a pain than I expeced in some cases, but much easier in others.

I did settle on a stud height for my new Kimpex replacement track. It's only a 1/2" lug, but Woody's has push through studs in the race legal (no more than 3/8" over the tallest part of the lug) length. Turns out the "Deep Snow Kit" is race legal, so Kenny is going to run it while I might. Verified that 15 plate Cat chaincase gears fit the Deere shafts, but we will need a Polaris chain to get the correct length. Still working out the clutches, as both ZR and Firecat style Cat drive clutches hit the frame.

Kenny made some of the adapters we need, but left with more work on his plate. And most importantly, Jerome has my crank at his shop for a race ready rebuild. All the brake parts should be in next week, so I plan to spend next weekend wrenching too. And we have less than 3 months to go!

-Rainville :sled:

Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

So Joe, Did you box up all my parts ( including the dator seat plastic ) so Cari Dearest can mail them today??

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
JRC ETD

Post by JRC ETD »

Good work Joe...that Liquifire looks familier! Thanks for the care package! Best Jon