Charity Sled Finds Permanent Home

WinnipegStPaul9

Charity Sled Finds Permanent Home

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Please note that I am posting this for Mark Lambert. This is truly his thread.

The Charity Sportfire has found its new home at THEE SNOWMOBILE HALL OF FAME in St. Germain, Wisconsin. As stated in the past, it was my intention to put the Sportfire in the HOF. Well, it is there now and will be put along side the other John Deere sleds already there.

Again, I would like to thank everyone who had anything to do with this project. The sled is absolutely candy to the eye. Over the past 8 months, I have had so many nice compliments on the sled. You people have done an excellent job.

So, if ever you are in the northwoods of Wisconsin, please stop in at the THE SNOWMOBILE HALL OF FAME and check it out. Tell Loren who you are and what you had to do with the building of it. He loves talking snowmobile!!

Thank you and enjoy it!!!

Mark Lambert

Mark has asked me to post some pictures of the sled starting with the day he picked it up from the T.T. Riders of Burnett. However, the first picture will be of the build team (L-R Kevin Campbell, Don Amber, Roger Jordan, Dan Cunningham, Phil Rickard and Hanna, also helping but not in the picture was Bob Amber) beside the tunnel of the sled that was originally intended to become the charity sled. After carefully reviewing it we decided to purchase a more complete sled DA
Attachments
00BuildTeam.jpg
00Markreceivingsled.jpg
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: Charity Sled Finds Permanent Home

In it's first show outing in Lakeshore, the sled placed first. According to Mark, at the Eagle River Show it placed 3rd in the 78-Newer restored class.. Geesh I can't wait to find out what placed 1st and 2nd!!!! (DA)

First picture is Lakeshore, Second one is Eagle River. L-R Mark Lambert, Josh Lambert, Steve Kaiser, Virgil Schlies in Eagle River Picture.
Attachments
00LakeshoreVintageShow.jpg
00ThirdPlaceEagleRiver.jpg
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
WinnipegStPaul9

Finally, the sled arrives at its new home, THEE SNOWMOBILE HALL OF FAME in St. Germain, WI. The first picture is of Mark and Loren Anderson marking the arrival.

The second picture is of Mark and Loren inside and the third picture is of Mark and his friends just before their departure.

My note: Mark thank you so much for perpetuating this wonderful experience and thanks to all of you who helped with money, ticket sales, parts, labor, or any other support. DA
Attachments
00MarkLorenHOF.jpg
00MarkLorenShop.jpg
00MarkFriendsHOF.jpg
pjr

Post by pjr »

Glad to have been a part of something so special.. :usa:

FYI- I'm putting together a small portion of my new upcoming powersports website that will outline all the photos, videos, participants, personalities and memories that were involved with this sled, so if any of you folks that had pictures from JD Waconia and the HOF Event last year that want to contribute, please let me know via PM. I'll give you a different personal email addy. of mine that's lightning fast to upload/download pictures or videos to. :beers;

PJ
pjr

Post by pjr »

Not one person took any pictures of anything at either Waconia or the HOF last season...??? Nobody on this board attended either of these past events???

Just saying..
WinnipegStPaul9

Whoops, sorry Peej. I missed this. I'll send you a CD with both HOF and Waconia pics. Dang I could have brought it today. By the way, NICE SHOP!!!

DA
WinnipegStPaul9

CD done ready to mail tomorrow. Goingto your house as I don't have a new shop address.

DA
merctt

Post by merctt »

pjr,
is there anything you need from me ?
Let me know.
Mark