uscc i500 fuel jugs

hotrodcr250

uscc i500 fuel jugs

Post by hotrodcr250 »

For all of you registered for the Vintage TRF I-500--- look at the new post on USCC web site-- all classes (including vintage) are required to use the dribble fuel jug- safety jug.
Last year vintage class was exempt- this year we have to use the safety jugs- get yours ordered- only 1 brand and style are legal.
jer_311

Re: uscc i500 fuel jugs

Post by jer_311 »

I can't belive they only allow 1 brand! I allready have 2 jugs that are identical, not the right brand though.. GRRR
tieszo6

Post by tieszo6 »

I ordered mine yesterday and received them today, great service but I was expecting to see something about them that made them safer or less spill prone than a typical gas can, not the case. They are no more than a common "race jug" with a 12" hose. I can't say I completely understand that rule but I guess you have to pay to play.

Mark
JD600

Post by JD600 »

Someone from USCC must be helping this "HEINEN MOTORSPORTS" line their pockets. They state that these are the safest cans avalible, and then list 3 modifications that must be done to them to make then usable? The thing i have a problem with the most is that it states that the vents leak when the can i held at a certain angle. If these cans were as safe as they claim, they wouldn't leak. Just my $0.02.

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
JDT

Post by JDT »

You nailed that one Dustin!
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
JD600

Post by JD600 »

Todd,

Everywhere i turn, no matter what it is, it seems like policits are at work to help someone else get rich off of my dollar, and i'm sick of it. :evil: I'm going to start calling this stuff out, thats the only way it will ever change (Not that my voice really makes a difference). Thanks for listening to my rants, now back to your regularly scheduled program...... :wall: :wall: :wall:

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Would someone show pictures of this fuel can please?

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Matt

Post by Matt »

WinnipegStPaul9

Thanks Matt. How much are they charging for these jugs. Sean and I just bought 3 at the IMIS show in Indy last weekend. We did not get the pouring spouts or vent hose but plan on making our own. These are great cans in general for snowmobiling.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Sprailfire340

Post by Sprailfire340 »

Heinen's is charging around $23 I'm told. They can't be any worse then the crappy spring-loaded cans available at all the farm & fleet stores now. It's sad but I'm genuinely happy to find an old used direct spout fuel can at a garage sale or swap meet.
:sled: ME
WinnipegStPaul9

That's a pretty good deal if it includes the spout. Sean and I paid $20.00 each for the first three we bought and we were in line to pay $15.00 each for four more but that deal fell through (my fault, not the seller's). The pour spout price ranged from $5.00 to $7.00 each but no one had them at the show. I think they are the most ideal sled gas cans I've seen in years.

DA
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

well here is my opinion of the gas can deal , i got 8 of them for 230 shipped with a fuel hose all things considered thats not terrible , a vendor at the belvidere show had them for 49 for just one can no hose ,
i guess heres the deal since the tragidy that the uscc faced since last years race i bet they are going to be paying more atttention to safety .looking out for our best interest and their tales , i guess i dont mind the new regulations and expense id rather pay for a gas can than myself or someone else have an accident up there . this will keep people from using milk jugs to haul gas in i guess!!! im just glad the event is taking place it could have easily been shelved wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
Sprailfire340

Post by Sprailfire340 »

lwb140 wrote: im just glad the event is taking place it could have easily been shelved wade
:needsnow: :letitsnow: :thinksnow:
38* and rain here today. No snow on the ground. Hard to test and race when the lakes are soft and the grass is showing.
:sled: ME
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

fuel jugs showed today !! look pretty vanilla but priced right , wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440