Respect...racing a team sport!

JRC ETD

Respect...racing a team sport!

Post by JRC ETD »

The genesis in creating ETD was built around intense focus on total sled, body, and mind preparation. The culture was to create the best, and share the things that created a advantage.The winnings were even divided between the driver, techician and the pool for the team. We ate the same meals, completed the same daily schedule of working out, fabrication and test riding, drivers shared rooms on/off the road. But.......when the flag dropped we competed as individuals for one goal! We lived as a family 24/7, but the weekends we raced ourselves and many others with the stakes very high. Sure there exisited competition between us which brings me to my point....The finest driving I have seen in my racing career, I witnessed watching out a suburban window at 85mph. The day was gray..no sun to show the shadows in the ditch, the wind was blowing from the west at about 20mph moving the snow and dirt across the top of the ditch. The drifiting was rock hard from thawing and freezing, the chisel plowing in the fields just poking through the snow, about 10 degrees. These are perfect conditions for the Liquidator, and for the training we had practaced so well for. This is Brian's dash to Winnepeg, very fast, very smooth, great lines between the ditch and chisel plowing, (Deere sleds would haul the mail in the dirt when up on top the the furrows) His pace and at speed decsions were flawless....pure art and athletism. The best I have ever seen! Gas stops perfect, chased by a gagle of factory Starfires, he leaves them in the dust, Omdahl crashs and snaps his leg trying to catch Brian, Prezakwas is consistant but can't stay with Brian....each minute we are calculating the time differential he is making up....The Liquidator is in it's element, hard and rough conditions that are very fast......pure driving perfection....The rest is history! Best JRC ETD