'80 Sportfire for Charity

427cobra

Post by 427cobra »

I can supply the jack shaft bearings.... :whistle: I believe I have a inline fuel shut off and tank pick up laying around as well

Has anyone provided those?
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

Hey Guys,

We've been out of town for Spring Break and just now catching up with the build.

I'm glad to contribute to this cause. As I don't currently have any JD parts to offer I would be more than glad to either:

1. Purchase needed parts (if somone could point me in the right direction to get them).

2. Make a cash donation toward completing the project.

Please let me know how I can help.

Thanks,
Roger
Cabindweller

Post by Cabindweller »

If no one else has them already, I would be willing to buy and donate the decals, If that dont work out I have a decent black JD cover I believe will fit it. Its not new, but it is not faded out, I will post a picture later if interested. Other than that I could donate some $$$$.

Jerry
Old sleds are hours of entertainment.... then you get to ride them for a little bit.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Thanks all! Matt, can we pin this thread as we're getting some great input and ideas. Items such as the decals are great but usually late in the build then we'd be saying.........."Who was it that offered the decals?" LOL DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
pj sportfire

Post by pj sportfire »

I won't get around to starting on the project until closer to the end of the month, since we *just* got moved into our larger facility last week, we're literally working out of boxes everyday and we've been swamped trying to get caught up on our customer orders.
:eek: Needless to say, the shop is a total mess right now and it's going to take a bit to get caught up and organized to begin this project. :wall:

It's good to see the thread keep rolling until we begin and it will give us a chance to use it as future reference to see who has what to donate, etc. :smile:

Going back in to un-bury myself at work now....>> :lol22:

pj
Liquifried

Post by Liquifried »

I have a rear flap that I can send. Also have a 79 TF hood that I can donate. Has cracks and will need to be redone. Please confirm if needed.

Joe
74 Evinrude Skimmer 400
79 Kawasaki Invader 440 (Factory Power Up Kit w/ Twin Pipes)
80 Liquifire with 83 Set Up (Electric Start / Plastic Ski Setup)
82 Trailfire LX
82 Sportfire (Electric Start)
83 Trailfire 440 LX (Electric Start)
83 Sportfire (Original Owner)
83 Liquifire
84 Sportfire
97 Indy 500 Liquid
2002 Polaris Classic 600 Indy Touring
(2) 2013 Polaris Shift 550 (Retro TXL Grahphics)
(2) 1996 Polaris Indy 500 Touring ( under 300 mi each)
1996 Polaris XLT Touring
WinnipegStPaul9

Thanks Matt! and all others too!! DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
pjr

Re: '80 Sportfire for Charity

Post by pjr »

Hi Guys! I *finally* made it here to the new forum just last night! Whew!! :clap:

I've been fighting the issue of the new forum/website not recognizing my old username, my old password or a combination of the two, so finally, out of frustration with it all, I just damn gave up and created a new one; hence my different screen name now. :doh:

As some of you may or may not know. Last month, we moved our entire business operation to a new larger facility in Fort Wayne and it was a ***MAJOR PITA***!!! I thought moving to a new home was stressfull...now trying to move an entire, fully developed and established business operation. Yes indeed my fellow jd friends...it sux! We've now been here about 30 days or so and we're still unpacking; therefore, I haven't had a chance to do much of anything in a few weeks, 'cause I've been so darn busy around here lately. :sick2:

Plus, I wanted to get the shop up on it's feet first with getting the air compressors, baler, bead blast cabinets, solvent tank, power steam cleaner, welders, fabrication equipment and other shop support junk fully installed and wired in first before anyone came over to get started on it, so we all could use that stuff when we worked on this thing. We still have a ton of unpacking to do, but at least I can walk through the shop now without tripping over something... :lol22:

I did talk to DA a couple of times on the phone, where he and I are going to get started on the Charity Sled tear down sometime in the next 1 1/2 weeks or so here at the new shop, then, we'll be able to take photos and keep you folks' updated daily. :popcorn:

I guess I'll have to keep the Commish and that disorderly son of his fed well to keep them going on this thing when they get here, as I hear they think this is a union shop!! :lol22: :lol22: :roll:

Later gents!!
Phil "PJ" Rickard
Horicon Joe

Post by Horicon Joe »

I will donate the ski insulators and flap if you need them. The flap would not
be correct for that year but it would fit.

Let me know if you need them?

Joe
WinnipegStPaul9

Joe, that sounds great to me. Thanks! I'll get back with you when we get closer. DA
427cobra

Post by 427cobra »

Just to let you guys know....

I just parted out a 79 TF. So if you need any parts from that sled for the Sportfire let me know!

I also have new jackshaft bearings and a fuel pickup for the Sportfire. So when you are ready to start recieving parts let me know and I can get those sent!

Thanks!
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
burt87

Post by burt87 »

I have a y-pipe from an 80 liquifire, if it's the same as a sportfire, it's yours.

Rob
webman

Post by webman »

Let me know when you are ready for the decals and I will get them shipped out.
JDT

Post by JDT »

I said I would donate cash. Who do send it to?
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
JD600

Post by JD600 »

Paint was shipped out yesterday. Should be there this week. Anyone ever try to mail spraypaint? DON'T!!! :bonk: It took me 25 minutes to fill out the paper work and then they charged me more to ship it because it couldn't go in the plane. :wall: Ground only. O well. It is all for a good cause. Let me know when it gets there PJ. :beers;

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."