Charity Sled Build Day

WinnipegStPaul9

Charity Sled Build Day

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

For those close enough to Fort Wayne, Indiana please remember to mark October 3rd on your calendar as that's the day we'll assemble the charity sled. Our goal is to debut it at the A-1 Show in early November. DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: Charity Sled Build Day

Well, build day is only three weeks away and everything seems to be coming along fine. PJ is planning on Pizza and pop during the day. What I'm needing to know is:
Who all is coming?
Are you interested in going out that night for a meal together?
Do you need lodging?

Please post your thoughts here, thanks!

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Here is the address to the shop and I will have some sort of JD sled placed in out the front yard so anyone can find it easily in our industrial park. We are only about 3 miles off the I-69 Expressway, so it's *SUPER* easy to find and there are numerous motels, resturants, movie theaters, fuel stations, grocery stores and shopps within 3 miles of the shop too. Oh, almost forgot- there is also a Redi-Med about 2 miles away for DA and Bob, as I'm sure they'll need it... :lol22:

We're startin' bright and early at 8 am!

4411 Engle Ridge Drive
Fort Wayne, IN. 46804
260-407-5455

PJ
WinnipegStPaul9

Guys we've quite quite few sledheads from VSCA bull sessions coming to Fort Wayne on October 3rd. Let's make sure we have a good turn out of JD sledheads.

DA
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

Don and Gang,

Really looking forward to making the trip!

Let me know if any last minute issues come up.

Later,
Roger
JDT

Post by JDT »

I really envy you guys that are going to be involved with the Sporty Build at PJ's.
What a rush to get hands on with all those beautiful reconditioned and NOS parts.
I would love to be there but as SD is a l o n g way away, it just can not happen for me.

I hope you guys thake lots of pictures including a group shot with the completed project.
It is going to be awsume to be sure. All the best.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
pjr

Post by pjr »

JDT wrote:I really envy you guys that are going to be involved with the Sporty Build at PJ's.
What a rush to get hands on with all those beautiful reconditioned and NOS parts.
I would love to be there but as SD is a l o n g way away, it just can not happen for me.

I hope you guys thake lots of pictures including a group shot with the completed project.
It is going to be awsume to be sure. All the best.
Thanks gents and no problemo on the camera stuff, as we'll take lots of pictures and maybe even a couple of videos of DA and Bob fumbling around... Now THAT would be good entertainment! :whistle: :lol22:

pj
pjr

Post by pjr »

Just a quick reminder of the JDSleds.com Charity Sled Build Day coming up this Saturday, October 3rd.

Here is the address to the shop and I will have some sort of JD sled placed out in the front yard so anyone can find our building easily in our industrial park. We are only about 3 miles off the I-69 Expressway, so it's *SUPER* easy to find and there are numerous motels, restaurants, movie theaters, fuel stations, grocery stores, hardware stores, and shopps within 3 miles of here too.

4411 Engle Ridge Drive
Fort Wayne, IN. 46804
260-407-5455

DA is bringing over a bunch of parts he has for the sled on Tuesday and I'll have everything organized for us on Saturday, with coffee/doughnuts in the mornin' and pizza/pop for lunch. I figure once we get everyone here, we can take an arial "group photo" of us all together with the sled and the related parts all surrounding us before she goes back together for the last time. Maybe someone can bring some sort of "jdsleds.com" banner or something to include in the photo?

We're startin' bright and early at 8 am, so be there or be square and.....oh, almost forgot- there is also a Redi-Med about 2 miles away for DA and Bob, as I'm sure they'll need it... :roll:

See ya!

pj
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

PJ,

I'll be there....... can't wait!

Is FW on central time or eastern?

Later,
Roger
WinnipegStPaul9

Couple of items...I can't make it to PJ's tomorrow with the parts so I'll be there Friday PJ. Secondly Fort Wayne is on Eastern time.

DA
pjr

Post by pjr »

Okey-dokey.

peej
kwc

Post by kwc »

We are loaded up and ready to hit the road bright and early in the morning. Unfortunately there is no snow in the forecast, so the drive should be good!

Kevin
Kevin Campbell
Vicksburg, Michigan
pjr

Post by pjr »

Looks good Kevin, we're ready for ya!

DA took charge of the coffee making, so if it tastes like dirty socks.....blame him. :sick2:

peej
pjr

Post by pjr »

I snapped a few pics of the corner of the shop where everyone will come together to put this thing together. :sled:

I will say this... I've never seen so many NOS vintage John Deere snowmobile parts in one place, in all my life and I must also say, I'm super-impressed by everyone's generosity in the selfless giving of their time, services, money and parts to make all of this happen. Unreal...and my hat's off to all of you that have contributed!!! :beers;

Someone is going to be a very proud owner of this thing when the smoke clears and our chosen charities are the real benefactor's of all of this! :usa:

See you guy's in the morning and here are the pics taken tonight. Enjoy!

pj
JDT

Post by JDT »

W O W ! !
8)
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD