Finding the Charity Sled a New Owner

Den

Re: Finding the Charity Sled a New Owner

Post by Den »

I don't know of any snomobile club that is NOT a non-profit.
Just putting that out there.
There is also Lion's Club, Boy Scouts, etc.
The drawing is going to be in St. Germain right?
400brian

Post by 400brian »

As of this noon, I believe we have the raffle problem taken care of. A list member is going to try working through a local WI snowmobile club to get this done. :angel:

We'll have a better idea in a few days, but as of now, I am optimistic.
Last edited by 400brian on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
JDT

Post by JDT »

Way to go Brian!
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Horicon Joe Wanie has went above and beyond the call. He has made the deal with his local club ( TT Riders of Burnett, WI ) to sponsor the Sportfire raffle. As soon as he gets the State permit, tickets will be printed up.

The cancer charity has had to be changed due to time constraints. The Koman fund requires permission for anyone to use it's name, and time is what we do not have in abundance. I believe the "Ride for the Cure" is going to be substituted.

Loren at the HOF is supportive of the project, and we are looking forward to good sales.
Last edited by 400brian on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
cledussnow77

Post by cledussnow77 »

I'm in for about 5 tickets for sure Maybe 10 . I think this is a great deal and wish I could have been there to help .
Nothing Runs Like A Deere
dap574

Post by dap574 »

Same here!! At least this is one way I can help! I'll take 5 tickets, Thanks Dave
JDT

Post by JDT »

I want to share a story that goes back to the early 80's when I was in Jaycee's.

Our chapter of 30 members had a annual fundraiser raffle with 3 prizes geared towards sportsman with the top prize of a new Remington shotgun followed by a Marlin 22 and a camping tent.
Each member was asked to take 20 tickets to sell for a dollar each. That gave us $600 which covered the cost of the prizes and ticket printing.

Now some guys took 20 tickets and that was it. A few of us(five) took 100 tickets. Remember any sales beyond 20 was profit for the club. I sold my 100 tickets in a week and got 100 more. I sold those 100 in one night!

How?? I walked into a bar on a Friday night about 30 miles any and started pitching the tickets. They were gone in less than two hours.
The next day I got 100 more and did the same thing in another town at a bar on Saturday night.
On Monday I got 100 more! With one week to go before the drawing I almost sold all those.
I ended up selling 387 tickets. 200 more than the next closest guy.

If every member in our chapter had done even half of what I did the club would have had huge coffers for community inprovments and donations which is what JC's is all about.

So what has this got to do with the Sporty?

Raffle tickets are not hard to sell. Especially when the prize is so cool and the cause is so important.
All you have to do is ask and explain what and why and the sales will follow.

Don mentioned that if 200 active member's sold 10 tickets each that we can donate $20,000. Bravo!!

Anyone having a handlful of tickets walking around a vintage show or sled event would have no problem getting rid of them.
If one prints out a picture of the Sporty on his computor or has a picture of it on his blackberry or laptop so the person can see just what he is buying a chance at it will fly.

I will ask all my local sled guys that are not members on the forum to buy one. $10 is a very common amount for a ticket for Ducks Unlimited or Pheasant Forever raffles.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
S_Kyle

Post by S_Kyle »

Just thinking for the members north of the border. Anyone have any experience trying to bring a raffle prize across the border? I can't see it being a problem but just thinking.
Scott Kyle,
Liquifire: 77 (440) (2), 600: 73,74,75
Massey Whirlwind: 76 440 (2)
Mercury Hurricane 644: 72,73
OMC Snowcruiser: 66,68,70
Rupp: 70 34 Sprint
Allouettte Super Brute: 74 (5)
OTC Deere sled dyno
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

S_Kyle wrote:Just thinking for the members north of the border. Anyone have any experience trying to bring a raffle prize across the border? I can't see it being a problem but just thinking.
Scott, I'll keep it at my house and you can come to beautiful Indiana and ride it, how about that.....eh.

DA :canadasmile:
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
S_Kyle

Post by S_Kyle »

Sounds good Don. I'll have to get a couple tickets then.
Scott Kyle,
Liquifire: 77 (440) (2), 600: 73,74,75
Massey Whirlwind: 76 440 (2)
Mercury Hurricane 644: 72,73
OMC Snowcruiser: 66,68,70
Rupp: 70 34 Sprint
Allouettte Super Brute: 74 (5)
OTC Deere sled dyno
Matt

Post by Matt »

400brian wrote:Horicon Joe Wanie has went above and beyond the call. He has made the deal with his local club ( TT Riders of Burnett, WI ) to sponsor the Sportfire raffle. As soon as he gets the State permit, tickets will be printed up.

The cancer charity has had to be changed due to time constraints. The Koman fund requires permission for anyone to use it's name, and time is what we do not have in abundance. I believe the "Ride for the Cure" is going to be substituted.

Loren at the HOF is supportive of the project, and we are looking forward to good sales.
Brian,
I think "Ride for the Cure" is great, if we are allowed to use that. I was wondering if "for the cure" is trademarked by itself.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
WinnipegStPaul9

Joe has received approval for the use of the name. It's a local organization in Wisconsin that has donated millions of dollars towards breast cancer research/cure. You can see their website at www.ridintoacure.com

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
RSplash40

Post by RSplash40 »

Any new progress on this? i'm anxious to buy my tickets :>
WinnipegStPaul9

While we had high hopes of having tickets ready for A1 this weekend (Nov 6-7) that won't happen. That's the bad news. The good news is Wisconsin authorities have approved the raffle and a raffle license number will be assigned as early as Thursday. Once the number is assigned the tickets go to print. It's my understanding from Horicon Joe Wanie that the ticket design is already done, just awaiting the mandated number. Anyone else remember when raffles were easy????

DA