''Charity Sportfire" The final chapter.

pjr

Re: ''Charity Sportfire" The final chapter.

Post by pjr »

Matt wrote:Mark, thank you so much for buying a ticket, and coming here to tell the story!

My part in the process included ticket sales & distribution, and a small parts donation to the sled. I'm very proud to have a hand in it, and everyone here should be proud of what they've accomplished by supporting this project, even if you just purchased a ticket.
Here-here Matt! Here-here!! :clap:

pj
Hfounder

Post by Hfounder »

Mark...........thanks for buying a ticket. Thanks for joining our vintage family. Thanks for your generosity and know that we would be very happy and proud to show your sled in thee Snowmobile Hall of Fame here in the world center of snowmobiling, St. Germain, WI. My son Bob, was happy to help deliver the sled to you. Next year...........you must come ride with us and share all of this passion in person !!!

I hope you enjoy showing it this summer and after the Reunion, we will have a special spot for it with a display of the entire build team and give credit where credit is do. Don and his entire crew DID A FANTASTIC JOB WITH THIS PROJECT.............congratulations one and all.

Matt, your great site made a big difference to this project.......thank you for your passion.

To Jan Carlson......thanks for drawing the winning ticket and all that you represent in this cure for cancer, we love you.

Loren Anderson
SHOF
St. Germain, WI
Horicon Joe

Post by Horicon Joe »

Don ….that was a good read!
Thanks for taking the time to put the whole project into words that we all can
enjoy forever. Thank you and everyone involved with the project. Well done!
Photo shoot Saturday morning in Burnett ……. See you there Mark and congratulations
on the sled!

Joe
Please add your Real Name in your User Profile or at least your first Name!
buck43

Post by buck43 »

Mark congrats on winning the sled! I hope they will accept it at the HOF because in my book hall of famers built it. Shannon Garver
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Mark,

Congratulations on winning the Sportfire. You and everyone that purchased tickets help make Don's vision a reality so he could make a large donation to thee HOF and for cancer research.

I will fully admit that I am humbled by your generosity to show the sled at thee HOF in St. Germain. I don't know if I could be that big of a person, I would want it in my John Deere Room or in my den to show off.

Thank you for sharing your win with everyone!
-Joseph D. Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
DeereFan 77

Post by DeereFan 77 »

Don my friend (I think I can call you that now), you are truely a class act. Your efforts and passion on this project are model to live by.

Mark, you too are a class act with your actions to give back this little piece of history. I hope I have a chance to shake your hand and meet you in person next year when you make it to the HOF ride.

Ross Heavener
merctt

Post by merctt »

Hell everyone,
It's been about 6 months since the sportfire has made its way home to Casco, Wi. The sled has recieved about 15 coats of wax Just because it gives me an excuse to take the cover off and enjoy the sled. It is all cleaned up and ready for her 1st vintage show July 17th in Kewaunee, Wi. We are expecting over 100 sleds At the 1st annual Lakeshore Vintage Snowmobile Assn. show. Should be a great time.
As stated back in Feb. when I first won the sled, I still plan on showing the sled at the Eagle River Reunion Sept. 18th And still plan on putting her in thee Hall of Fame right after the Reunion show. That sure is going to be a great weekend. Again I would like to thank everyone involved in this charity project. And always remember that this is not only my sled, all those who donated there time, parts and money to make this happen, She is yours also.
Enjoy the Sporty at the shows, as I know it will be the BEST looking sled there. If you see me, Stop by and introduce yourself, I love talking about the sled. So untill then :letitsnow:
Mark
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

You made my weekend Mark!! Thanks.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
buck43

Post by buck43 »

Thanks for the update let us know how you do at the show! Good Luck! Shannon Garver
merctt

Post by merctt »

Sure will post results of the show, Joe W. lives about 2 hrs. south of where i live. Im trying to get him to come up 4 the show. That would be cool.
Mark