some info

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
krazinite2003

some info

Post by krazinite2003 »

ok i herd a story yesterday at work the short virsion is that a guy at work may know of some one that my have a dater still in the crate now i dont know how this is possible but how knows so i guess im asking if any one here would know if this is possible
JRC ETD

some info

Post by JRC ETD »

If it indeed exsisted, it is intersting to think about it's realistic value....my opinion would be a comparison to Lee Fredrickson's new crated Twister, and my thought would be the Deere has greater value.....we could use Caterpillars pound for pound calculation and the Liquidator would be priceless! Best JRC ETD
Matt

some info

Post by Matt »

Ditto on what Rich said, usually it ends up being somthing else. Then there is a chance that it was exposed to elements and not really in NOS condition, even if never ridden.

Do we know what the crated Twister sold for?
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
krazinite2003

some info

Post by krazinite2003 »

well i have asked my buddy to see if he can talk to the guy he knows to conferm this it is suposed to be in the loft of his barn if this is true i will sell my left nut to buy it i will keep u guys and gals informed on this
JDFanPa

some info

Post by JDFanPa »

why does everyone always want to give up the left 1 HAHA
400brian

some info

Post by 400brian »

Hmmmmm, Good question Andy. Supose it has something to do with being right handed? :lol:

You know guys, the Dator is a really cool sled, and a piece of Deere history, but I personally have no desire to own one. Sounds to me that they really aren't practical to trail ride without modification, and I really never have liked trailer queens, whether it was 55 Chevys or vintage sleds. I want to play with my toys, otherwise I figure you're just storing them for the guy your wife sells them to cheap after you're dead. :angry:

I have no problem with those of you who long to own one, that's just my personal preference. I'd be more interested in say, a Liquifire CC, about as fast, trail ready, and parts are available.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.