clutch alinment

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kioritz/CCW & Kohler motors.
knighthawk

clutch alinment

Post by knighthawk »

hi guys just wondering how every one alines the clutches on 76,77 340 n 440 LF
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: clutch alinment

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

I use a John Deere clutch alignment tool, number unavailable right now. Check with other JD guys to see if anyone near you has one you can use.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Sloan

Post by Sloan »

John Deer made a set of slides/cassette courses on this and other subjects. I have the slides and cassette and had them put on the internet a couple of years back. I cannot remember the site but any tuning or alignment for racing or otherwise is on this set of slides. The site had manuals for most of the classic sleds so it should be easy to find.
76 340 liquifire complete plus 76 340 liquifire project
77 440 liquifire project plus 77 440 liquifire parts
80 340 spitfire
harleysportster

Post by harleysportster »

knighthawk wrote:hi guys just wondering how every one alines the clutches on 76,77 340 n 440 LF
Use a straight piece of 3/8 bar-stock 20 inches long. Open up the secondary and place the bar stock on the inner hub and also resting on the inner hub of the primary clutch. There should be about .040 between the bar stock and the engine side of the primary sheeve. Add or remove shims behind the secondary to achive this. There should be 2-1/4 inches between the two clutch sheaves. loosen the bolts under the engine plate to move the engine around.
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
webman

Post by webman »

Sloan wrote:John Deer made a set of slides/cassette courses on this and other subjects. I have the slides and cassette and had them put on the internet a couple of years back. I cannot remember the site but any tuning or alignment for racing or otherwise is on this set of slides. The site had manuals for most of the classic sleds so it should be easy to find.

http://vintagesnow.com/John_Deere.html It is under Driven Clutch Operation and Adjustments.
knighthawk

Post by knighthawk »

thanx guys its was a big help , im trying to get 6 76 77 Lfs running