Mikuni Carb on Kawi Spitfire Choke Cable Fitting Problem

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
jdsledder

Mikuni Carb on Kawi Spitfire Choke Cable Fitting Problem

Post by jdsledder »

I am trying to install a Mikuni Round Slide Carb (VM30) on a 1980 Spitfire with a Kawaski engine. I have obtained all the parts to install the Round Slide Carb in place of the Butterfly Carb, but I am having a problem finding the fitting that screws into the carb to hold the choke cable. The choke cable fitting from the butterfly carb and other Mikuni carbs from Trailfires, Sportfires, and Liquifires are too small in diameter and will not scew into the Mikuni VM30 Round slide carb. I looked in the parts catelog and it does have a different part number than the other carbs I mentioned. I also purchased the Mikuni choke conversion kit from Dennis Kirk, that fitting was too small in diameter as well. Does anybody have a spare one, the part number is M67810?? Or does anybody know of different sled manufacture who might have used the Mikuni 30 mm Round slide Carb and maybe I can purchase the fitting from them? Thanks for any help
skoalmint

Re: Mikuni Carb on Kawi Spitfire Choke Cable Fitting Problem

Post by skoalmint »

jdsledder, i think i have those NOS i will ck tomm,if not i am sure i have used.Brock
skoalmint

Re: Mikuni Carb on Kawi Spitfire Choke Cable Fitting Problem

Post by skoalmint »

Hey jdsledder, i have what u need .Let me know where.Brock