About a hundred and ten stupid questions

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
fairmountvewe

Re: About a hundred and ten stupid questions

Post by fairmountvewe »

Okay. Stupid questions number two, three and four.

How do I test my lighting coil? The reason I ask is because the lights on my 80 TF stopped working. All of them. All at the same time. Seems way too co-incidental for 4 bulbs to blow at the same time, so I am thinking lighting coil. I stuffed the multi meter probe into the yellow/black wire that plugs into the voltage regulator and nothing. No volts AC or DC. Am I on the right track?

How do I post pictures? Do I have to upload them to a Photobucket type site first, or can I just attach them right from my laptop?

In the carburator slide there is a washer with the needle. Does the washer go on top of or below the e-clip? The TF is running awesome but a little lean, so I am trying to richen the fuel mixture up. I could put the e-clip to the #4 position, but I wanted to make sure I have the washer in the right place first.

Thanks for everyones time, and have a happy Sunday evening.
Matt

Post by Matt »

You can attach pictures here that are under 1000kb. In the "Full Editor" when you reply, click the tab for Upload Attachment.

The washer goes between the e-clip and the slide.

I'm not sure what the ohm load specs are for the lighting coil to test, but check all your other connections and make sure you have good grounds. If the voltage regulator failed, then it would blow all your lamps, so check to see if they are still good or not. In that case, you should still see AC voltage with the meter unless you have electric start, then it's DC.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
fairmountvewe

Post by fairmountvewe »

Awesome. Thanks Matt. Now I have something to do tomorrow morning after chores.