82 340 trailfire

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
jdkevlar

82 340 trailfire

Post by jdkevlar »

Wandering if anyone has a suggestion. I have cleaned the carb., changed the pick up in the tank, new fuel filter, new pulse line and tryed a new fuel punp, but i still have a flat spot in mid range. It will idle all day and it runs good top end. the plugs are a nice brown and the engine has new crank seals. Im frustrated. Dont know what to try next.
sledchad

82 340 trailfire

Post by sledchad »

what kind of plugs are you running? Do you have fresh gas in the tank? Double check the carb and make sure you cleaned it right. Check for anything that might be wore. Check the needle and make sure there isnt any rough scuffs, also check the needle valve. Just a suggestion i would also check your carb holder, it could be leaking a little air too you never know. Let us know how it comes.
grasscutter97

82 340 trailfire

Post by grasscutter97 »

Clutch. Both.

Secondary you can do yourself. Put in a new spring. If no change, do the primary.
Rodimus Prime

82 340 trailfire

Post by Rodimus Prime »

flat spot mid range as it from half to 3/4 it doesnt do a thing?

do you have the jet needle clip in middle does it have plastic white washer?

does it also do with with belt off? belt on track in air?

does it have air box on sled?
jdkevlar

82 340 trailfire

Post by jdkevlar »

it does not have white plastic washer, what does that do? I am running BR9ES NGK plugs. it doesnt do it with belt off, or when track is off of ground just when on machine and you try to take off.