JD Liquidator #55464

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Implement Harry

JD Liquidator #55464

Post by Implement Harry »

Hello,
Back in 1986, I sold my JD Liquidator snowmobile, serial number 55464 (see attached photo) to a JD dealer in Cokato, MN.
Not the best decision I ever made in my life as this snowmobile was never raced and had only 343 trail ridden miles on the odometer when I sold it.
I also purchased every option John Deere made for this snowmobile and had them new in the box (NOS). These items were included in the sale.
I am wondering if anyone knows if this snowmobile is still in existence.
Thank you,
Harold
Attachments
Liquidator - 55464.jpg
sledz

Re: JD Liquidator #55464

Post by sledz »

Can I assume you have already contacted that dealer inquiring if they still have it or record of it being sold?
Implement Harry

The supposed dealer told me he was purchasing the snowmobile for his personal use.
Yes, I visited the dealership back in 2001 or thereabouts. Strangely, no one at the dealership knew who he was.
This why I now say 'supposed dealer' as I am now thinking he may have misrepresented himself.
Norton

Post by Norton »

All of us have a "should a have, could a have story".
Inspected a very low mileage Dator at Elk River Show just before Covid. Guess is they will be back in 2022 as it is Deere Year, along with triple cylinder sleds. Plan a outing for that weekend and even if that SN is a no show, you will still have a blast....
sledz

Post by sledz »

Actually it is only the "year of the Deere" at ERX, Triple sleds are not the feature this year.
Implement Harry

Keith,
Thanks for the 'heads-up' concerning the Deere Year at the 2022 Elk River Show.
I sure would like to get a look at the Dator you saw and check the serial number.
I already have the dates for the show on the calendar.
Thanks,
Harold