Spitfire with fan cool?

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Liquifire76

Spitfire with fan cool?

Post by Liquifire76 »

I purchased a 1980-81 spitfire that has fan cooling. Was that an option or has someone been modifying over the years! The gentleman I purchased this from also says that it is a 440 engine! It runs awesome, I had it up to 80 km/hr (according to friends speedometer) on the weekend and I am a big boy! Any info would be appreciated! How can I tell if it is a 440 engine?
78440liquid

Spitfire with fan cool?

Post by 78440liquid »

These sleds were all built with 340 free air engines. Somebody must have put the 440 fan in there. Look on the engine shrouding or case for the numbers and post them here. Somebody should be able to identify it for you. Joel.
Liquifire 4/6

Spitfire with fan cool?

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

I sure wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that installation. Could you post some in here or email them to me at triumh@mts.net. By the way, I believe it was you that called me the other day regarding a Prestolite CDI. I wasn't at the shop at the time we spoke and didn't have the part number of the new one I have. It is an AM54169 with round plugs.

Pete
Peter from Roblin, Manitoba
Liquifire 4/6

Spitfire with fan cool?

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

oops, I typed me email incorrectly in that last post.....i need new fingers. It is triumph@mts.net
Peter from Roblin, Manitoba