D K

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Horicon Joe

D K

Post by Horicon Joe »

D K has started selling off the parts in lots of $1000 each .....
They must not want to get rid of them too bad yet at that price.
The least they could do is put some good pictures on the auction if you are going
to spend that kind of money .....

Joe
Please add your Real Name in your User Profile or at least your first Name!
guitardude081

D K

Post by guitardude081 »

I'm suprised they don't do the haydays thing like they did 2 years ago. I spent almost $200 on NOS JD stuff.
~Jack
Owner, Durand Motorsports
1980 Trailfire 340 (Grandpa bought new)
1983 Trailfire LX
1982 Spitfire (Grandpa bought new)
(3)1974 295/S
1975 340/S
(2) 1978 Liquifire
2003 Ski Doo Renegade 600HO
1993 Polaris XLT Special with AAEN pipes
2020 Polaris Indy 600 XC 129 40th Anniversary Edition
1980 Liquifire (currently in pieces)
400brian

D K

Post by 400brian »

I looked at a couple of the lots, and frankly, I didn't think I was looking at anywhere near $1000 worth of stuff.

Rainville, you might as well stop and load up the rest of their inventory.
You may have to work on the $$ a bit. :lol: :lol:

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
cyclone crazy

D K

Post by cyclone crazy »

There is 2 things I noticed. The quantitys are all even numbers, which means there are more of each item on hand. The way DK operates is if someone bites at that price, they will reslist the same lot at the same price. If not, the price drops until someone bites, then they will continue to relist at that price. They are fishing.

The secong thing I noticed was the same as Rich's observation. No rhyme or reason at all to the listings. If they dont have the knowledge to list by Model's, you'd think they'd list the lots as the same type of product [cylinders and pistons] [suspension] It seems the only thought they put into the listings was to arrive at the same cost for each lot.
Horicon Joe

D K

Post by Horicon Joe »

I had all the same thoughts. They are foolishly hoping someone will want all of one of the items and buy the rest hoping to resell the rest. They should actually try an auction
and start the bidding at $100 ...............

Joe
Please add your Real Name in your User Profile or at least your first Name!
bob15

D K

Post by bob15 »

Rich, I agree, its the best of the groups of parts. I noticed that its Minnesota Vintage Snowmobile as the winner. A good place to buy parts from and not someone with a questionable selling history.

bob
When in doubt, I'll whip it out. I got me a rock 'n 'roll band. It's a free for all.....The Nuge

Make it three yards m*****f-er and you've got yourself an automobile race...James Taylor
cyclone crazy

D K

Post by cyclone crazy »

That gave me my NOS parts fix for the week. Now that DK isnt listing their usual items I'm going into withdrawl. Sweaty palms, night tremors, shakes, I need my fix.
ICCSF 108

D K

Post by ICCSF 108 »

" A good place to buy parts from and not someone with a questionable selling history."
I think we should have Tasky's opinion on that. :rolleyes:

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
bob15

D K

Post by bob15 »

Kenny, I bought from Greg back in the spring, quite a bit of money's worth of stuff and had no problems what so ever. In fact, I wouldn't hestiate to buy from him again.

bob
When in doubt, I'll whip it out. I got me a rock 'n 'roll band. It's a free for all.....The Nuge

Make it three yards m*****f-er and you've got yourself an automobile race...James Taylor
cyclone crazy

D K

Post by cyclone crazy »

I think Tasky would agree, in theory. There are 2 problems with your statement. The words buy and sell. To buy and sell money has to exchange hands. If money hits Tasky's hands in only goes one place - his wallet. There's cash in his wallet that hasnt seen the light of day in 20 years. He's building a $80,000 garage - every time someone delivers materials, I see him disappear in the back 40 with a shovel in his hands. He always returns with a dirty mason jar stuffed with cash. The funniest was the year we had frost that went down 12 feet. That spring Tasky had close to a half million dollars that popped out of the ground. Rumor has it he had to purchase an additional 120 acres of land because he ran out of real estate to dig and bury his secret mason jars.
ICCSF 108

D K

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Greg, Hell those Mason Jars are probably worth more than the cash he has in them, LOL
By the way Greg you should have mail....

Bob15, I think Greg knew I was just pulling his leg for all the crap he gives Tasky..

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
JDFanPa

D K

Post by JDFanPa »

Im also glad to see the parts went into good hands. I havent bought from Greg YET but Im sure I will his prices and shipping look great and it is also nice to see parts listed by someone who atleast knows what they are.
ChickenRat

D K

Post by ChickenRat »

I've been working with Greg for about a year now and he has been absolutely fabulous.

Robb
Danzig

D K

Post by Danzig »

Ohhhhhh Greg........

:wub: ........ :lol:
1973 JDX8
1978 Liquifire 340
1980 Liquifire 440 CC Racer
1980 Liquifire 440
1982 Liquifire 440

"Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It"