LIQUIDATOR

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
markmac

LIQUIDATOR

Post by markmac »

Just a couple of ??s for you liquidator owners. Most deere sleds are not more than 400 pounds; i noticed in the facts on the dator that it weighted 500. I was just wondering how the dator was built different to weght that much more. Also what kind of speed the dator could get up to?

MARK
Dator76

LIQUIDATOR

Post by Dator76 »

primarily engine weight and suspension weight ive never weighed an engine but they are extemely heavy compared to the 76 liquifire engine, the suspension is the same way. ive been told the racers used to tease the deere reps the 4WD guys designed the dators.

:)
Thanks,
Ted

3 Liquidators
1-340/S
1-295/S
1-78 Cross Country Liquifire
Gave away-sold-swapped:8 Liquidators, 78 C.C. Liquifire, 340/S, 295/S, 84 Snowfire, 82 Liquifire, 80 Liquifire, 78 440 liquifire, 77 Liquifire.
ICCSF 108

LIQUIDATOR

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Accually I alway told them they were manure speader engineers! Anyway enough of that. The 500 lbs was with coolant, but no fuel, 8 gal. @ 6 lbs. gal. now your at 548 lbs. Then after all the reinforcement service bulletins, ( I think at the engineering coffee pot in the mornings it was determined that if you reinforce this part then you will have to reinforce that part & so on & so on & so on)
So when we were all done we had a Race Ready Dator that weighted 745 pounds without the driver, at least ours did! So alot of the times the Dator self destructed themselves.
The 2 heaviest components were (1) the motor (which In my opinion is built to with stand probably 600 CC's @ over 100 hp, oops that sounds another Heins R&D project hmmmm??) the crank, crank case, cylinders & heads are way heavier than they needed to be. (2) is the 1st generation Dator steel suspension, not really that much heavier than the 76 liquifire suspension stock until you started reinforcing & then hung on the wheel kits (that were needed for the CC races that had a lot of road running such as "THE WINNIPEG") Thus the next year appears the Dator lite suspension, leaner main jets, a new seat to do away with the rear fuel tank (which is no longer needed because now we have a motor that gets better fuel economy & because of better/more efficiant fuel stops during the races) & the Dator lite hood. Now we have a leaner Dator but still with a motor that's heavier than it needs to be. But remember the Dator as heavy as it was still won THE WINNIPEG, But the driver had a lot to do with that, Brian was one hell of a CC racer, my hats off to him. I think I heard a rumor back then that some cop clocked him at over 95+ on a road, ours would get over 95+ on a bare tar road at an outside temp of 0 deg. (this road/temp combination I feel is faster than ice when you have the sled prepared for a CC race using "WOODY'S" full length Carbide CC ware bars)

Ken
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
storm_00

LIQUIDATOR

Post by storm_00 »

hey guys just wanted to know if #1 they still run the wini race to st paul an # has either of you seen the protype that there were commin out with but never finnished I am not sure what they called it but seen some pics of what is would have looked like an I was thinkin I might wanna attempt to finnish what they started sh dont tell the wife she will shoot me lol but all kiddin aside I may not know much bout sleds but I have lots of experiance in design an metal urgy an metal fab an of course the most important part I am a dreamer lol oh by the way happy hollidaze. hey heres a thought what if they started a cc race like they used to have but run it today ,here is the catch you cant ride nothin newer than an 1980 cause lets face it these new sleds ride like damn nice compared to the sleds of vintage just a thought ,I think I would give it a try an my sleds 30 yrs old an has next to no suspention but even so an the fact that is a 340 L/C with some minore modifications (wanna find out race me ) it still can beat most new 440"s an I highly doubt its my riding skills

:D