Liquifire

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
markmac

Liquifire

Post by markmac »

My 80 LF oil injection pump gave trouble a couple years ago. The trouble was it would take a way to much oil through. I just quite using it and have since been mixing oil with the gas. I was just wondering if anyone else had had this same problem.

MARK
bob15

Liquifire

Post by bob15 »

Not a good idea to use only pre-mix oil on 80's Liquifires. Besides each cylinder getting an oil line, the LF's also had the center bearing on the crank getting an oil line. If you pre-mix the oil and don't run the oil injection system, that center bearing isn't getting nearly enough oil. This will ruin the bearing, crank, and maybe a lot more. The injection is a good system and is properly adjusted, won't use that much oil. Was yours peoperly sync'd with the carbs?

Bob
When in doubt, I'll whip it out. I got me a rock 'n 'roll band. It's a free for all.....The Nuge

Make it three yards m*****f-er and you've got yourself an automobile race...James Taylor
grasscutter97

Liquifire

Post by grasscutter97 »

The check valves are available from numerous parts stores and I hve found they are the cheapest at any Polaris dealer. Real good idea to replce them, its only a few bucks.

After going through my injection system on my 81 Liq, I replaced both valves, lines, etc. Noticed I used a little bit less oil per fuel tank than before, and plugs were significantly cleaner. So, I concluded that my system, even though operational, was in need of a tune-up.
markmac

Liquifire

Post by markmac »

Thanks for the info guys. The timeing is fine but no one i had talked to had sugested check valves, so i will try that angle.

MARK