Ontario Vintage Ride

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Jack Frost

Ontario Vintage Ride

Post by Jack Frost »

Could not make the trip. Just got in from work

:( Hope the guys that did go had a good time and maybe have some pictures to post when they get home? Maybe I'll make the next one.

:)
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
That Girl Racing

Ontario Vintage Ride

Post by That Girl Racing »

108 sleds were registered. Deeres were the biggest group there. Spits, Sprints, Liquids, X's , even a Dator. About 20 of us. Great time. Peter
Deere Me

Ontario Vintage Ride

Post by Deere Me »

Most JD sleds I have seen at a vintage show here in Canada. The 3 sleds which stood out in the crowd were Peter's 83 Liquifire and Toymech's 80 Liquifire and 81 Trailfire. There was a very rare 84 Sportfire also in attendance, a 295S clone and the Dator, which the present owner purchased in N.H. Deere Daze, where were you? Richard
Jack Frost

Ontario Vintage Ride

Post by Jack Frost »

Any pictures or good stories to tell?
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
TOYMECH

Ontario Vintage Ride

Post by TOYMECH »

The only good story I have to tell is that I had a GREAT time, met LOTS of nice folks, stuffed my face full of food since there was lots of good food there and my new 80 Liquifire with it's fresh engine overhaul behaved very well - she even managed to get a small spot in the 6 and 11 o'clock CTV (Toronto) news coverage of the event...
Greg
1981 Trailfire 440 (Original Owner)
1980 Liquifire
1981 Sportfire
1983 Sprintfire
1982 Snowfire
1978 CC Liquifire
1979 340 Trailfire
1982 Trailfire Special
mwking

Ontario Vintage Ride

Post by mwking »

My wife and I had a very nice day. The attendance really exceeded the organizers expectations, they seemed thrilled to see so many turn out for the event. If word gets around about the excellent day they put on next year should be even bigger. It was nice to hear people saying they didn't realize that John Deere was the featured sled in response to the large representation. I also heard someone else say "I guess we know what people are collecting". It would be good for some of the aftermarket parts suppliers to see this. Also interesting to note was the absense of Polaris sleds, I don't know why.
'84 Liquifire,'84 Sportfire, '83 Sprintfire, '82 Spitfire, '82 Trailfire LX, '80 Liquifire (2), '80 Sportfire,'80 340 Trailfire, '79 Spitfire
Deere Me

Ontario Vintage Ride

Post by Deere Me »

I think they all ended up in the scrap yard!!! Those Polarii just don't last!!!Seriously though, in past years Polaris was always represented. Hal, the organizer has an ATX but was just to busy running the ride to bring it out.