dator hood found "down by the river"

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
oldslednut

Post by oldslednut »

I was with a couple friends yesterday looking for "yamaha ha ha" sleds , we went to this fellows place down by the river in a town near by, we were walking towards were the owner said they were at, well i was noticeing this cylone hood as we got closer i looked again and **** it wasnt a cyclone hood it was a frickin dator hood laying upside down with 3-4 inches of sod and grass in the hood scoop. Well i worked on it for a couple minutes and thought im gonna give up and then it broke loose, and i turned it over to check it over, it looks pretty darn nice for laying there for atleast10 years so the guy said,the rest of the sled he said is under about 10 feet of garbage wast and crud piled in a hole, guess what, im going digging in the spring, its worth it, he said it was complete, the track fell apart and just shoved it in with the tractor, geesh thats nuts i thought, but hell 10 years agoa i would have done the same if i didnt know what i had.
I will get photos of it today somtime(the hood) im going to hang it up on the wall for now.
OH ya we never did find them yamahas,
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Hey cool find

Ken
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
JDFanPa

Post by JDFanPa »

Yeah Im still waiting to find something rare will hunting old sleds best so far was a 634 panther we got for $20 last summer not the rarest but it did have a nearly new big mouth hood.
markmac

Post by markmac »

Lucky find there eric; let us know when you get the rest of it out.
I`m the guy from CANADA that bought your 400. I gave it a fresh coat of paint, put in a new fuel door, had to make my own 400 sign for the fuel door,new jamco windshield, ran new fuel lines, cleaned the carb and flushed out the fuel tank. Started her up and drove around the yard on the grass a few times and she runs good. I had so much fun fixing it up that i got another one. This one is a 74 jdx6 in nice shape. New windshield and a fresh coat of paint is all i should have to do to this one. Anyhow thanks again for the 400, it looks fairly sharp.

MARK MACFARLANE
taylor_young_jdkid

Post by taylor_young_jdkid »

when or if you restore this sled put the whole story on the jd site
GreenSpeed

Post by GreenSpeed »

WOW! It must have been your lucky day! Don't forget to take pictures of it buried in the pile and share them with us. Good luck with it.