84 Sportfire

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
427cobra

84 Sportfire

Post by 427cobra »

Well I cleaned the carb one more time and put in some fresh gas. Problem solved! She fires right up after sitting over night..... :sled:

The true test will be when I try starting it tomorrow after sitting for 2 days...ha
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
jddecalguy

84 Sportfire

Post by jddecalguy »

this is just an fyi for you guys.

i just put together a motor for my brothers sled, the polaris tx-l 400 custom sled that i built for him last year. it was a slp 545 rz motor (113 hp way cool!!). anyway in reading through all the updates on the motor (motor was built in the early 90's) one of the updates that stood out the most to me was along this topic. simply stated, that the fuel pump being mounted lower than the outlet of the gas tank was a issue, because unless you have perfect needle and seats the fact that the fuel pump is lower could cause a syphon effect that would fill up the crankcase making the sled flood while sitting (start hard or not at all) to solve this problem relocate the fuel pump so that it is mounted high than the outlet of the gas tank!

the gospal according to slp (starting line performance)

jddecalguy
chris
Danzig

84 Sportfire

Post by Danzig »

What I did as a preventative on the Liquifire....bless its soul....was route the fuel line from the tank to the flip up dash. The dash panel had a hole already in it for the hand warmer switch. I drilled this opening a little larger and installed a fuel shut off switch there. 2 things were accomplished, fuel is having to run up hill out of the tank to the switch which is saving it from flooding the case and adding the shut off switch.
1973 JDX8
1978 Liquifire 340
1980 Liquifire 440 CC Racer
1980 Liquifire 440
1982 Liquifire 440

"Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It"
pj sportfire

84 Sportfire

Post by pj sportfire »

Good idea.