Make A Wish Project 340/S kickoff

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
JDT

Re: Make A Wish Project 340/S kickoff

Post by JDT »

Joe is the can for the 340S the same as a 800?
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
400brian

Post by 400brian »

340S is unique.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Has anyone heard from "JDXspec" lately? His name is Dustin. He was going to bring a foam to John's upholstery so he could make a copy. John has not seen the foam yet, so he hasn't started on the seat. If anyone knows Dustin, please pass this message on.

Thanks,
Clack
JDXspec

Post by JDXspec »

Clack
I'm stil here. My original plan fell through for dropping off the seat. Now I will be dropping it off on Friday on my way to the Milbank show. I haven't forgotten just delayed.

Dustin
Own 74 295/s, 75 340/S, 800, 76 440 Liquifire, 300, Liquidator (3), 78 440 Liquifire, 340 Liquifire CC, 80 Liquifire, 82 Trailfire LX, 83 Sprintfire 84 Sportfire
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Ok! Thanks Dustin, I'll let John know he can expect you, and I'll see you at Milbank!
Clack
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Clack, If I can help with anymore parts let me know..

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Just a reminder.....June 20th is getting closer. Teardown will begin around 10 or 11am, BBQ ing, etc. etc.

Still looking for a track for the project. And we still need an airbox. (I think Kenny is working on this one.)

Thanks!
Clack
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Hi Justin,

Sorry that I am over 1,000 miles away, or I would be there, LOL! However, I can keep sending parts to keep your project going. The next care package to arrive shortly will have 2 NOS belts and the new throttle grip in it. I might be able to cover you on a track, but I might have to buy one from a local dismantler if one of mine isnt' good enough. I am on the lookout for a muffer can for you too. I should be able to find one before it's too late.

Keep us posted on what else you guys end up needing!

-Joe Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Well, I got a message from the post office that was written by my 11 year old daughter. Here is what she wrote....."Dad, call Richard from the US Postal Service at 651-681-$%#%....about a flannel bowl sticker from Indiana." I couldn't figure out the note and she said that is what he said. After thinking about it for a couple hours, I'm pretty sure I figured it out now. There is a package with a "Flammable" sticker on it that is coming from Indiana. So, apparently the paint that Don Amber has mailed me is quarantined in Minneapolis until I call and explain the contents. We'll see. Anyway, thanks for shipping the paint Don! I'm sure it will get here eventually.....flannel bowl or not.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

I was just getting ready to email you to see if it arrived. Hope it's not a problem. Don
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Well, I talked to "Richard" at the postal service. (He is appropriately named by the way)...Seems the clerk at the post office in Indiana wrote a large "3" on the package and that is a no no for mailing. The number designation of "3" along with flammable causes a problem. The package is at the Eagan, Minnesota post office and it is stuck there. I know some people in Eagan and I am hoping to be able to send someone over there to pick up the package. Shoot! It almost made it Don! I'm sure we will get it all ironed out. Too bad it wasn't labled as a "flannel bowl"!
WinnipegStPaul9

OK, let me know how it works out. DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Make A Wish has a page up on their website now that promotes the event. I thought I would share it with everyone.

http://minnesota.wish.org/fb/news/upcom ... obile.html

Clack
WinnipegStPaul9

Very Cool!
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

The paint is being picked up at the Eagan Post Office today. A friend of mine is stopping in there to get it.