Regina To Minot I-250

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
markmac

Regina To Minot I-250

Post by markmac »

When i was alot younger there was a fairly populer race out my way; the I-250. Probly mostly run in the 70`s and early 80`s. It had to be canceled alot because of lack of snow and then was shut down completly. I have tried to find the winners from the years that it ran but so for have come up with nothing. Was wondering if anyone on here remembered anything about it. I know there was a pile of Deeres ran in it.
grantnelson00

Regina To Minot I-250

Post by grantnelson00 »

Governor's Cup?
ICCSF 108

Regina To Minot I-250

Post by ICCSF 108 »

The Regina To Minot 250, in 76-77 & 78 was a ICCSF santioned race. I personally never ran it, but remember hearing it was a fun ditch race.

Ken
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
oldslednut

Regina To Minot I-250

Post by oldslednut »

Well that is rite in my backyard
i know of a couple guys who ran in , but was in the late 70`s, I personaly have a sled that was run in it, A 1969 tx800, i am restoring it , my dad was part of the guys who attempted to run in it,well they didnt make it 25 miles the handle bars broke,, and with a twistgrip throttle they couldnt continue they just up n quit(good for me, saved the sled im sure).
I also know of a guy who was very involved in it, he personaly rode in it driving a Rolo-flex, the white one wich i am attempting to buy from him,, he is holding on to the memories he said.
Thats all i can add about the race
Eric
oldslednut

Regina To Minot I-250

Post by oldslednut »

OH ya and the Govenors cup was a race from Bismark to Minot !
ICCSF 108

Regina To Minot I-250

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I think the Governors Cup was form Bismark to Grand forks wasn't it? I remember I ended up in the emergency room in some small town on that one in the winter of 75-76. The Dators were fast, the ditches had big rocks under the snow, & the culverts under the road approaches were barely covered. But those damn guard rails are really hard on knee caps, LOL

Ken
Last edited by ICCSF 108 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
SnoProDakota

Re: Regina To Minot I-250

Post by SnoProDakota »

Was recently reading a post about the 77 Liquifire ridden by the ETD guys in the 1977 I-250 - JRC was in 2nd place after Day 1, and leading on Day 2, when he plugged the heat exchanger and burned down - found the Day 1 and final results in the Boss Cat Legacy website tonite - thought I'd share this, as I was in 11th after Day 1 (2nd highest Cat, right behind Brian Nelson), and broke my rear suspension as I was chasing JRC down (C,mon JRC, that's the way I remember it anyway!)

I was fortunate enough to run this race every year from 1975 through 1981.

Dave
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Ah, a new race member! Welcome aboard!

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Hey SnoProDakota, did you get my call about the skis? I need a couple pair.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
I500#54

Post by I500#54 »

Hello Dave nice to have you on board! My memory is identical to yours on the 77 Regina race, the small radiator on the 78CC was due to that burn down and the plugged exchangers. I do remember Doug ahead of me and crashing as bad as I have ever witnessed, I pulled over to help him and he was out cold....I stayed untill he woke up and told me to go! That was day 1, I also remember Bob with a fuel issue. Deere was very pleased with the Liquifire performance, especially compared to the factory Cats and Brians time. JRC
SnoProDakota

Post by SnoProDakota »

Hey DA,

Sent you a PM last night - I'll give you a call this weekend.

Dave
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Thanks Dave, I didn't get the PM but look forward to your call.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
JDT

Post by JDT »

Dave where are you from?
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD