spitfire piston part numbers

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
augie

spitfire piston part numbers

Post by augie »

hello, can someone help me out, does anyone know the kawasaki part numbers for pistons and rings for an 80 spitfire? thanks augie
Deere Daze

Re: spitfire piston part numbers

Post by Deere Daze »

M68588 PISTON
AM55080 RINGS
AM54824 BEARING
M68167 PISTON PIN
M68071 RETAINER(CLIPS)

:canada:
augie

Post by augie »

thanks for the info, these look like jd numbers , im in need of the kawasaki part numbers. thanks ,augie.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Augie, you'll probably need to go to the Kawasaki board ( I think it's called Kawitrax )for those kind of numbers, but they might not be able to help you either, as I think the Kawi engines that the Spitfire used was a Deere only engine... I guess I don't understand why the Deere number won't help you??

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Agreed. I haven't found anyone that has a Deere/Kawasaki cross-reference, and parts don't necessarily exchange, because Deere tested the Kawasaki versions of the engines, then spec'd changes for the Fireburst version.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
augie

Post by augie »

thanks for all the input everyone,the reason i wanted kaw numbers is i have access to some kaw pistons and rings. where can i get the deere parts? thanks again for the help. augie