Make A Wish Project 340/S kickoff

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
clackinator

Re: Make A Wish Project 340/S kickoff

Post by clackinator »

Augie. I sent you a PM with the address. Thanks, Clack.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Augie, I would send them to:

Justin Clack
11499 129th Ave.
Menahga, MN 56464

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
augie

Post by augie »

will do. thanks augie.
augie

Post by augie »

hello, everyone, my lovely wife loretta sent the parts out today . let me know when you get them. thanks , augie.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Here is an update on what has been going on.... I recieved the NOS drivers from Augie and they have been delivered to Randy Vanbatavia. He is restoring the front drive for us. Everything else is on schedule. The build date has been decided on and it will be October 17th near Forest Lake, MN at Mercdiver's house.

Joe Rainville had mailed a very nice set of used drivers to me along with an NOS brake disc and a clutch kit. Joe, thanks very much for the items! I boxed up the used drivers you sent along with the clutch kit and mailed them back to you. We had been provided a clutch kit before and it is all finished. So, you will get some of your stuff back within a week.

Last item that needs restoration are the handlebars. Still looking for a volunteer to take on the project of restoring them and the steering arms and freshening up the handlebar pad. It is in decent condition, but has faded a bit. That's where we're at as of now.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

The front drive has been completely made over and it looks fantastic. Randy Van Batavia, son of Conrad....(Skeg777) has done it up great. Thank you again Augie for the donation of the NOS drivers for the front shaft! I believe Don Amber has a track on the way to us that is going to be delivered at Princeton this weekend. I'll get the cleats blasted and repainted and we should be all ready to install the rear suspension.

Still waiting to hear on the seat that is being built by John's Upholstery.

Brian Lindner has done an incredible job with helping prepare the rear suspension idlers. His help on the rear suspension has been a life saver! Along with Pete Mindermann who is doing the rest of the rear suspension work, it is going to look great on the auction block!

Dennis Bittman (Eman) is restoring the fuel tank and working over the air box. We received and NOS fuel tank cap from Joe Rainville. Again, very much appreciated!!!

Body work is scheduled to be done early next week, so hopefully we will have some Mean Green Metallic paint flying by late next week.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Clack, Did you find anything out about those other cranks?

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Haven't heard yet. I hope to hear that all is ok with the one that is being sent.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Clack, Do you mean the second one? as Jerome hasn't seen it yet? as of Tue.

Kenny
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Yes, I wonder if Joe Rainville is bringing it to Princeton with him? He had said he suspected our crank was going to be bad so he had acquired another engine for this reason. I haven't heard anything from Lloyd (Mercdiver) to know if the crank arrived at his place or if it was going directly to Jerome.
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

Clack,

I couldn't get the crank ready to ship before Princeton, but I will go out to Jerome this week...

-Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Great! Thanks Joe.
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Well guys, we need to go to the well one more time I guess. We made an effort to restore the secondary clutch, but found it to be too pitted to make look decent. The sheaves are also worn pretty bad. Any chance someone has a decent secondary? Are these different on the 340/S than other models?

Also, our chaincase cover has a scar in it. If anyone out there has a nice cover and gasket, we could sure use a nice one.

Thanks.
Clack
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Clack., I have an NOS chain case cover, Dull with a few small scratches but will polish nice & a NOS gasket, where do you want it sent? I can get it out in a few days..
I thought I had a extra NOS stationary sheave turns out it was marked wrong & the part number is a AM53004 so both of the ones I have are for a 295/S..
I'll ck to see if I have any good used one for the 340/S tomorrow..
Kenny
clackinator

Post by clackinator »

Kenny, thanks very much! You can send the parts to me, Jack Palokangas lives very close by so I can get them over to him. My address has changed slightly, it is now 11501 129th Ave. Menahga, MN 56464.

Thank you again, you've been a great help!