Driver and sled back together!

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Jack Frost

Driver and sled back together!

Post by Jack Frost »

The pictures are of Mr. Alvin Gover the man who raced my CC to a third place finnish in the Eastern Championship.

Dave
Attachments
ccjd1.jpg
ccjd1.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 756 times
Last edited by Jack Frost on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
Jack Frost

Re: Driver and sled back together!

Post by Jack Frost »

Trophy and number bib.
Attachments
ccjd.jpg
ccjd.jpg (70.12 KiB) Viewed 758 times
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included
JDT

Post by JDT »

That is so cool Dave. A living time capsule.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
Will_jdx

Post by Will_jdx »

That is nice!!!!! Thanks for posting!!

Will
1974 JDX6, 1974 JDX8
Norton

Post by Norton »

Great photo! So nice to see a face with the machine! If he is like me, he is still suprised that people are interested in the old days and old sleds!

keith
I500

Post by I500 »

Absolutly outstanding....This Man must be totally surprised and very impressed.........WELL DONE. :dance:
pjr

Post by pjr »

That is really cool for sure.. :clap:

peej
Jack Frost

Post by Jack Frost »

Al and his wife Hazel drove down from Vermont (9 hours) Oct22 to see his old sled that I had sent him pictures of. He decided he needed to see it in person and “meet the man that had spent so much time and effort on it”. We all went for supper Thursday night and talked for close to three hours about the race, sled and other things. I will admit I was very nervous about the meeting but was put at ease after we meet at their hotel. After dinner we came back to my house for drinks and more talk about sleds, family and many more topics. Now the time had come to take them to the shop and let them see the sled. When Al first walked in and saw it he had a smile from ear to ear and so did his wife Hazel. What a relief on my part! I asked him if he wanted to sit on it and see what she felt like and without any hesitation he jump right on and grabbed hold of the bars. This was when I went over and fired the old girl up. I never thought a smile could get any bigger but his did! That's when I knew he was happy with the results! Al said he had two questions to ask me. Will you ride it? To which I replied yes! And why spend so much time and money on an old sled? This question made me think for a bit, but then replied because of the history and story behind it and the future and stories ahead of it.

Dave
Attachments
jdcc3.jpg
jdcc3.jpg (54.46 KiB) Viewed 543 times
1978 340 CC Liquifire
Jack Frost

Post by Jack Frost »

Al said he forgot how much he like the old two stroke smell!
Attachments
ccjd2.jpg
ccjd2.jpg (56.09 KiB) Viewed 539 times
1978 340 CC Liquifire
robtan88

Post by robtan88 »

Dave. That is really cool, Excellent job on the sled. I hope you didn,t make him like you, like you did me!!!!. Anyway, great job, and isn,t funny how everything seems to fall into place when one puts forth the effort, and wants it bad enough. My wife wonders sometime how I see a jewel within a stone on my sled projects....Rob.
robtan88

Post by robtan88 »

Oh almost forgot, Was it the what happened with what we talked about the other night that happened to the whosit part on the thing, that you had to scramble to repair before the unvieling? Well you must have fixed it cause I see the smoke flying in the picture...L.O.L....Rob.
Jack Frost

Post by Jack Frost »

Robb,Problem? :silenced: What problem? :whistle: It was a late night the night before! :wall:

I will be in touch this week about the you know what.

Dave :canada:
1978 340 CC Liquifire
JDCornFlakes

Post by JDCornFlakes »

Dave the sled looks fantastic to say the least, I image it looks stunning in person.
The feeling of him coming to see it and appreciate what you did to his old sled would make you also fee fantastic too !

A car I restored I drove it to the original owner place to show it to him, He had not sen the car in 22 years and when I showed up he for first 5 mins maybe said 5 words. I let him drive it when we went for a cruise in it and he said twice I am glad this car found you and was saved.

I am sure he feels the same way about the Liquifre.

Great work not just restoring the Liquifire, but restoring a ole racer's faith that we do think of these as more then just an old snowmobile. :beers;

Thanx Dave
DAVE
From Ontario...That's in Canada not in California eh !