Two Dators!! Great Find

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: Two Dators!! Great Find

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Matt wrote:I was looking through Brad's Photos, and check this out, you might recognize a few sleds in these pictures.
Thanks Matt, for some reason I had trouble taking the pictures from Facebook to "My Pictures". I couldn't get those HOF pics.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
HoosierDeereMan

Post by HoosierDeereMan »

I have to admit when I first saw the add in the classifieds asking for Dator engine gaskets sets, I thought somebody had bought two Liquifiers and didn't know the difference. This has happened a few times in the past! When I saw the pictures I will now admit to egg on my face and choking on the crow I'm eating!

Most people follow leads only to find it's not really a Dator or they find a piece here or a piece there. Some collect parts for these for years just to piece together a tunnel they bought. But to find not one but two complete Dators and one with a new motor to boot is just unbelievable lucky. I hope you bought a lottery ticket on the way home from the dealership! LOL!

These are definately the find of the year for sure. Very nice looking sleds! Congrats Brad on being a double Dator owner. These are the kind of finds that keep the rest of us beating the bushes. Keep us posted on your progress.

Troy
'72 400
'73 400, (2)500's, 600
'74 295/S (restored) 2010 HOF poker run survivor.
'75 800, JDX8,
'75 340/S 2011 & 2012 Vintage Challenge finisher.
'76 (2)400's
'78 Liquifire 340,440
'79 Spitfire
"If it has Tits, Tires, or Tracks it's gonna cost you money!"
400brian

Post by 400brian »

Who took the HOF VC photo? No Brad on the sign up sheet.

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Danzig, I'm really disappointed too, almost right in your back yard, man I would have even shared with you if you would have let me know they were there... :shifty: :popcorn:

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
Cabindweller

Post by Cabindweller »

Wow! That is all I can say.
Old sleds are hours of entertainment.... then you get to ride them for a little bit.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

400brian wrote:Who took the HOF VC photo? No Brad on the sign up sheet.
Brian, it's my understanding that Brad and his brother were riding their Ski Doos when they came upon the HOF riders. They weren't in the ride.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
JDT

Post by JDT »

I know I am old and out of touch but who is Megan Fox?
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
Jack Frost

Post by Jack Frost »

Megan Fox is my wife! :liar: ......Ok that's not true,she's just my girlfriend right now.The long distance relationship thing just isn't working that good.Maybe you have seen her in the movies I let her do? :think: Transformers, Jennifers Body and Dave's homemade videos. :roll:

Dave :bonk:

Oh and vice nice find on the Dators! :dance:
1978 340 CC Liquifire
I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included