The 100.00 Liquifire

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
tjsdad

The 100.00 Liquifire

Post by tjsdad »

Last year I bought this LF for 100.00 off of Craigslist. It needed a stator as the pawl from the recoil got loose, sucked into the magnet of the flywheel and tore the coils apart. After new stator, fuel lines, carb cleaning, suspension rebuild, temp guage repair,and some polishing, it was a good runner for 700+ miles last year. This year it was stripped down, painted, new seat ( 2 up for the little guy & I ), sport windshield, new Wiseco rings, crank seals, JD gasket set, new carb boots, EGT gauge, 90 .875 studs, and more polishing......well its done except for the missing ski shock..thanks for the help guys. :angel: :clap: :letitsnow:

PICS HERE.......... http://tinypic.com/4dukb69t
Sprailfire340

Re: The 100.00 Liquifire

Post by Sprailfire340 »

Here we go again, that damn $100 liquifire... :lol22:

Seriously, I'm glad you took the time to check out the Liquifire when I posted the link last year. Looks like it found the perfect owner who had the vision to give it the time it needed to get back on the trail. I like that you went with the 2up seat so your little guy can ride with you. I have many great memories on the trail as a kid and that is why I'm back into jd sleds now. My 5 yr old is so excited about winter. In fact, at dinner last night he was telling friends of ours how they needed to come back and visit when there was more snow because there was better things to play with in the garage :winter: :letitsnow:

Enjoy the ride :sled:
:sled: ME
Matt

Post by Matt »

Nice work! I'm guessing it doesn't cost $100 any more...
JDT

Post by JDT »

Realy shines. She is a butte.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
tjsdad

Post by tjsdad »

Thanks Mitch, Todd & Matt. It is no longer close to 100.00, more like 1000.00. It is what I always wanted to do- restore a JD. I did save the sport seat so I can get it recovered and slam it on when I want the better looking seat.
Sprailfire340

Post by Sprailfire340 »

I highly recommend John's for your seat recover. I had a few done this summer and they look fantastic.
:sled: ME
A1 SLEDER JIM

Post by A1 SLEDER JIM »

sweet. tell me about the pipes ... Aeens? are they for an invader and modified to fit or for the liquifire specific are they real loud they look cool. what jetting changes did you have to do... and high comp heads too or not.
jim
Will_jdx

Post by Will_jdx »

Not my sled, but here is his youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ohLY3gG-w

And a link to AAEN

http://www.aaenperformance.com/
1974 JDX6, 1974 JDX8
tjsdad

Post by tjsdad »

sorry, been plowing snow for 3 days.....yep AAEN pipes, not too sure if they are for the LF or Invader as they fit terrible by the chain case. Very nice sounding, jets are 110 PJ, 160 Mains. I did take them back off to put stock on it for trail riding with the son. I have Invader heads on it also, timing is cranked as far advanced as possible. I always run 110 octane mixed 50/50 with premium just for safety and it smells good. It was rebuilt this last month, it already had Wiseco pistons, so I just re rung it, new seals again, JD gasket kit, matched the ports to flanges and gave them a good polishing.