Glasses getting fogged up

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
I500

Glasses getting fogged up

Post by I500 »

Just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on style of helmets etc. that help to prevent fogging up for the guys that were glasses like myself. This is really getting annoying and not sure what the fix is or what is working for you guys. Any suggestions?????
FireRider34

Re: Glasses getting fogged up

Post by FireRider34 »

well Contacts could help but costly... um snocross style helmet could fix that problem if your glasses fit comftorably under goggles.
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

I500 wrote:Just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on style of helmets etc. that help to prevent fogging up for the guys that were glasses like myself. This is really getting annoying and not sure what the fix is or what is working for you guys. Any suggestions?????
I've been told that if you enter a house backwards your glasses never fog. Perhaps the same would be true when riding sleds............................Try it Chuck.
Seriously, I fought that in every race. I even bought a pair of goggles that had prescription lens.....did'nt work. I always used the spray "fog free" on my glasses each morning and found that by not having my visor down all the way (allowed air in), they didn't fog. Worst day ever was first day of 75 race. The other thing I found was using amber lens for sunny conditions and rose tinted for low light conditions made visibility better..

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
SKNOWCAT

Post by SKNOWCAT »

Take em off.
Steve T.
Danzig

Post by Danzig »

I use one of these, I notice a little fogging when stopped for a BS session, not bad though, but out on the run this thing works perfect to me.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2305529672 ... 602_304662
1973 JDX8
1978 Liquifire 340
1980 Liquifire 440 CC Racer
1980 Liquifire 440
1982 Liquifire 440

"Gotta Lick It Before You Stick It"
Wildfire II

Post by Wildfire II »

Here is what worked for me. Years of testing many miles all conditions. Also some very cold weather!!! Bell 120 . The bell had plenty of room in front of mouth. Super seer shield and nylon face mask. Wore sun glasses most of the time. The big thing is you have to learn to breath. Never out of nose. Upper lip over bottom lip at all times, breath downward!!!! NEVER had a problem. Started this method in 76/77. Whish i did this in 75 ED
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I can always show you how to tape up with duct tape, once properly done no air will go up to your glasses, Now it is a little hard on skin when removed, but at least your glasses won't freeze up, LOL

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
DeereSledHeadFarmer

Post by DeereSledHeadFarmer »

I used a snocross/motocross style helmet with a thick facemask along with goggles that will fit over my glasses. I do a lot of regular trail riding and as log as you get a good seal they dont fog unless you sit still for longer periods of time. Probably this along with the anti-fog spray would work pretty well. I am also young so dont mind the open face helmet. Getting contacts though is probably the best solution haha.
-Matthew

-1974 JD 300
-1981 JD Spitfire
-2005 Polaris XCSP 500
-2012 Polaris Switchback Pro R 600
Herd

Post by Herd »

I have glasses and now use a Bombarier Modular helmet. It has a rubber mouth/nose cover that seals tight and vents your breathe out the back, built in sunshield that easily slide up and down, the whole front moves up and down like open face helemt snaps into place, easy to get glasses in and out and I never had a problem fogging up.
Invader440

Post by Invader440 »

I usually end up leaving my face shield cracked open 1 or 2 clicks while riding.
moontree

Post by moontree »

i have a HJC with Breath box $15 and double pane shield. works great. i used to leave shield cracked i 1 click, then got the breath box and dbl pane. it fixed everything. also make sure if your helmet has any vents leave em open. i aslo wear turtle fur neck warmer. this combo is great.
I Farm! YouEat!
77 Liquifire 440 (2)
77 Cyclone 440 (2)
76 Cyclone 440
77 Cyclone 340 (2)
82 TrailfireLX 440
85 SS440 Yamaha
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

moontree wrote: i aslo wear turtle fur neck warmer..
Since I reside in Churubusco, Indiana aka Turtletown USA, I can assure you that no respectable turtle wears fur!!

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Ruppster1

Post by Ruppster1 »

I use the HJC modular helmet--crack the shield a small amount and will never fog--If you close it all the way just use the breath box and this also solves the problem--when you stop to B.S. just lift the front of the helmet---works fine for me.
I500

Post by I500 »

All great ideas Guys with the exception from some knuckleheads that suggested riding backwards or taking the glasses off. :bonk: :lol22:
Actually thought about buying a modular helmet and i do own one of them goofey breathe deflectors. It works but looking for something better. Think i will head up to Dennis Kirk and see what they have. Big race coming up and just want to be prepared.

Don .. You said something about an amber colored lens??

Race day predictions: -24 with clear skis and lots of glare. Oh what to wear.
gumbofarmer

Post by gumbofarmer »

Not being able to see would be a big plus for racing, that way you wouldn't tense up before hitting all the field crossings in the red river valley.