right size belt 82 liq

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
3JDTIM

right size belt 82 liq

Post by 3JDTIM »

the liq i bought still has the deere belt on it what is the aftermarket belt only one place in town that sells them so i gotta be sure
AirborneX4Special

Re: right size belt 82 liq

Post by AirborneX4Special »

I've used the Carlisle Max 1105 belt on mine. It's as close to the original dimension as I've been able to locate. You can buy a more expensive kevlar belt but steer clear of the Gates cheap stuff.
3JDTIM

Post by 3JDTIM »

it does have the tr 800 i dont know if that matters or not
AirborneX4Special

It does not matter. I have one with a TR; the other with a 108EXP and both seem to be fine.
Blown 331

Post by Blown 331 »

When I got my 80 Liquifire less than a month ago it had a Goodyear belt. I ordered 2 Dayco belts. http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/HP3012..html One for me and one for my buddy who also has an 80 Liquifire. His original belt was in bad shape so he installed the Dayco and kept the original as a spare.
I stuck with the Gooyear until yesterday when it broke. I installed the Dayco and wow it's like a different sled. I probably can't even describe how much difference it made. With the Goodyear it seemed like the belt would fully engage to early. If I tired to take off from a dead stop then go up an incline I would be bogged out and stuck at like 3500 rpm where the engine is making no power. My buddy would fly right passed me and he could do donuts on his. I couldn't even break the track loose at low speeds. At the same time my buddy is throwing roost! Well with the this Dayco its a new story. The RPMs get up a little higher sooner so the engine is actually making power. It's amazing the difference a belt can make. Kind of weird!
Here's the listed size on my Dayco.
Length: 46-5/8"
Width: 1-1/4"
John Deere 1980 Liquifire 440
John Deere 25S straight shaft weed eater
AirborneX4Special

You should have a 1 3/8 wide belt on the 82 if it has the original secondary. If memory serves, the length sounds about like the Max 1105 dimension.
tjsdad

Post by tjsdad »

I also run the 1105,as m69170 belts are hard to find. What I do is remove all the belt deflection shims from behind the secondary clutch bolt, and install shims that are from the gears ( the ones behind the gears in the chaincase, spares of course ) between the secondary shaft and the retainer. This gets the belt as tight as possible ( the 1105 is a longer belt than oem). I have also removed a spider shim in the 108 as to get the sheaves as close to the belt as possible ( any shop can remove one for you especially Arctic Cat shops as the Cats used Comets for years ).