Got carried away vworking on my Deere's

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
metrodoggreg

Got carried away vworking on my Deere's

Post by metrodoggreg »

Got up this morning and fired up kerosene heater in garage. After about 3 hours went out and started wrenching. after 4 hours of working my kerosene heater started to run out of fuel only one problem I didn't notice until garage was filled with that black sooty smoke and I was coughing. Guess I was focuseed on task at hand. Well i'm on break for a coupla hours until i stop coughing up black stuff. Note to self fill kerosene heater before working and chk level often! LOL
Greg
77 440 & 340 LF
76 LF
80 Spitfire
71 caribou
73 & 74 tigre's
70 Panther
71 puma mod custom project
73 pink lynx custom (daughters
SpitfireKing

Re: Got carried away vworking on my Deere's

Post by SpitfireKing »

I use a desil Reddy heater in my shop...155,000 BTU and the nice thing is, once it gets low it just quits....won't run itself low and smoke you out...I had a Mr.Heater for a short time that would....POS...I would leave the shop for a bit and come back and it would smoke the whole thing right up...then you had to freeze the shop up again with the doors open for an hour...
[
Matt

Post by Matt »

I have a small propane Readdy forced air heater in my shop. When it runs out, you just smell a bit of the propane scent.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
davedude

Post by davedude »

sound dangerous hope you are all right :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
moontree

Post by moontree »

until now i havent needed a heater. we got 13" + wind last night. as i was drift jumping i am now edumakated not to hit the square side of a drift to hard. now my cleats are on the wrong side of the skid : (
I Farm! YouEat!
77 Liquifire 440 (2)
77 Cyclone 440 (2)
76 Cyclone 440
77 Cyclone 340 (2)
82 TrailfireLX 440
85 SS440 Yamaha
metrodoggreg

Post by metrodoggreg »

It's not so bad if I keep it full of fuel, It heats ok and burns clean. First time i've done that. And the last. Suppose to be 24 above today so not so heating required should have her put together this afternoon.
77 440 & 340 LF
76 LF
80 Spitfire
71 caribou
73 & 74 tigre's
70 Panther
71 puma mod custom project
73 pink lynx custom (daughters
rustyg

Post by rustyg »

i use a Mr. Heater kerosene heater in my garage, i burn diesel since it's cheaper than kerosene. i've had this happen a few times and it is a real pain in the ass. it shuts off when it runs low but smokes the place out first.