Manitoba Vintage Rides

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
SpitfireKing

Manitoba Vintage Rides

Post by SpitfireKing »

FYI for any of the vintage guys in and around SW Manitoba

Douglas,MB (Spruce Woods Snodrifters) is having it's 1st vintage ride this Saturday March 5th, registration from 9-10 I'm guessing..as 10:00 is the start at the Douglas Hall

Rapid City is the 6th of March, registration from 11-1 pm, ride is about 25 KM long and starts from the rink area in town.

I'm hoping to do both, and no matter what I should have 3 sleds up and going so if one fails I always have back up!

I'mm have the 77 Liquifire that's been painted and new decals...so if you see me say hi and let me know your from JD Sleds
[
Liquifire 4/6

Re: Manitoba Vintage Rides

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

I'm tied up on saturday, but I'll try my darndest to make it to Rapid City on sunday. I've been there a couple times before and have always enjoyed it, even when I had to limp my Raider back to the start point with one melted piston. Nice bunch of people there.
Peter from Roblin, Manitoba
SpitfireKing

Post by SpitfireKing »

Yep..I know the feeling..only I got towed back on my 77 TnT last year...blew a condensor and that was all she wrote...luckily a guy on a newer Polaris towed me back to the road and got me back to a checkpoint and I found a ride back to the truck from there.
[
S_Kyle

Post by S_Kyle »

I hope to be at RC, should be on\ the Rupp but you never know.
Scott Kyle,
Liquifire: 77 (440) (2), 600: 73,74,75
Massey Whirlwind: 76 440 (2)
Mercury Hurricane 644: 72,73
OMC Snowcruiser: 66,68,70
Rupp: 70 34 Sprint
Allouettte Super Brute: 74 (5)
OTC Deere sled dyno
webman

Post by webman »

If all goes well I will be there with the Liquifire. Attempt 2. Believe I have my recoil problem fixed for good.

Also on March 19th the Whiskey Ditch Relic Ride. If there is still snow. It is north of Winnipeg. From the intersection of Hwys #4 and #9 proceed north on #9 Hwy to Filmore road, then 2 miles N. East to Mabee road. There will be signs.

Starts at 12 noon, is approx 20 miles. $10 includes one Free poker hand. Lunch on site . Any questions ask relics@mts.net.

I hope to make this one also.
Liquifire 4/6

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

I didn't really feel like goin up alone to the ride so I talked with my bro today and it's looking like he's game. So if things work out right, the two of us will be showing up in Rapid City with three JD's and my bro's daughter will be driving up from Brandon to ride one of the sleds. Should have a Cyclone, Trailfire, and the Sunfire there. Hope to meet lots of you JD guys there.
SpitfireKing

Post by SpitfireKing »

Always happy to see your Sunfire Pete, did you get a bumper for your 300 yet? I was away all last week in Edmonton and this week in Winnipeg...but I can still look if you need. I'm going to try taking that Cyclone I got from you to the Douglas ride first...it's got combine header canvas holding one belt right now and it seems to be working great...took it out for a good ride on Sunday and beat the crap out of it and it held together good....so I'll have the LF and the Cyc for both rides if everything holds together.
[
rustyg

Post by rustyg »

I hope to make it out to at least one of these rides next year (if all goes well) with my newly restored Sportfire. Would like to meet some other JD aficionados
daisydukers

Post by daisydukers »

I just hope I can get my JD 300 up and running for next year. I wouldnt mind getting out and about too. My BIL might even be interested, though he is more of the snowjet type of guy... He also has an old Viking (reminds me of a washing machine)...
S_Kyle

Post by S_Kyle »

daisydukers wrote: He also has an old Viking (reminds me of a washing machine)...
That or a cab over truck / locomotive. :lol22: They are neat though.
Scott Kyle,
Liquifire: 77 (440) (2), 600: 73,74,75
Massey Whirlwind: 76 440 (2)
Mercury Hurricane 644: 72,73
OMC Snowcruiser: 66,68,70
Rupp: 70 34 Sprint
Allouettte Super Brute: 74 (5)
OTC Deere sled dyno
SpitfireKing

Post by SpitfireKing »

There was one at that Whiskey DItch relic sale...cool old sled...was too scared to ask what it was worth
[
Liquifire 4/6

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

Looks like it's a go for us for sure unless some massive storm moves in. I'm way ahead of myself for once.....I already have the three sleds fueled up and loaded on the truck and trailer. Really looking forward to it..... :sled:
Liquifire 4/6

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

SpitfireKing wrote:Pete, did you get a bumper for your 300 yet?
No, unfortunately I haven't located a good one yet. I do have a relatively straight one on one of my backyard relics, but it has lots of gouges and scrapes and I hope to find one that's way nicer....maybe that's wishful thinking?
SpitfireKing

Post by SpitfireKing »

Liquifire 4/6 wrote:Looks like it's a go for us for sure unless some massive storm moves in. I'm way ahead of myself for once.....I already have the three sleds fueled up and loaded on the truck and trailer. Really looking forward to it..... :sled:
Pete what time you think you'll be there....I'll try and make it for the same time....maybe get a "herd" going :beers;

I'll check my bumpers here...if I have I'll bring to RC and we'll figure it out.
[
Liquifire 4/6

Post by Liquifire 4/6 »

My bro and I hope to be there around 11:30 or so....just not sure if my neice will be there that soon because she's usually late for everything. But I'll tell her to try her best to be there on time. Does that work for you? It sure would be nice to get a sizable herd of deere together for the ride.

TY for checking on the bumpers!