Spring Snow Check

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
chris71605

Spring Snow Check

Post by chris71605 »

Who's ordering new sleds for the next season? I'm trying to decide between Ski-Doo MXZ X 800 etec or Arctic Cat 800 SnoPro.
ChickenRat

Re: Spring Snow Check

Post by ChickenRat »

The new Cats certainly are good looking but the Ski-Doo ETEC has a few seasons on it already and should have the bugs worked out. Probably a toss of a coin as all new sleds should be pretty darn good.

Robb
Matt

Post by Matt »

I tried to order a 2012 Liquifire, but they wouldn't let me. They must be sold out already.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
monte44

Post by monte44 »

I got a 2012 MXZ XRS 600 on order. They are just bad A@# looking!! I spent the extra $400.00 and got the fine tune shock adjusters. Not sure how I will like that on the tunnel? Now you know why I am selling lots of my JD sleds/parts. LOL!
chris71605

Post by chris71605 »

The new R-Motion is awsome, but i'm not sure about the adjusters on the running boards either. Prices on the new cats are a little better, but the technology in the e-tec is outstanding. Probably make up for the extra cost in gas and oil savings.

How awsome would it be if john deere still made sleds? A brand new liquifire 800 would be at the top of my list.....lol
monte44

Post by monte44 »

The looks of the cats have not grown on me yet. They are priced a little better than the doo's though. I'm keeping my 07 mxz xrs for my wife because she claims she will ride it! We'll see! LOL!
guitardude081

Post by guitardude081 »

E-TEC! The new Cat chassis is in its first year of consumer production. I would wait a year to make sure they get the bugs worked out. Plus, the near 20mpg of the 800 E-tech will save on the wallet. The REV-XP chassis is a VERY light and fun one to ride. It is now proven in the industry and is very reliable. The XP has alleviated all of the complaints from the first REV like the cramped console and the light steering that causes unwanted bump steer and awkward body roll. They are REALLY easy to work on too. The airboxes are the easiest to install since the old Indys. I really love the ride of the XP. This is coming from a guy who has been known to trade his modern sled for the '80s Liquifire mid-season because "it just handles better". :laugh:
~Jack
Owner, Durand Motorsports
1980 Trailfire 340 (Grandpa bought new)
1983 Trailfire LX
1982 Spitfire (Grandpa bought new)
(3)1974 295/S
1975 340/S
(2) 1978 Liquifire
2003 Ski Doo Renegade 600HO
1993 Polaris XLT Special with AAEN pipes
2020 Polaris Indy 600 XC 129 40th Anniversary Edition
1980 Liquifire (currently in pieces)
chris71605

Post by chris71605 »

Thanks all for the advice. The biggest reason i'm thinking cat is because of the local dealer. But i've pretty much made up my mind with the new ski doo. I had an 08 mxz renegade with the 800 ptec. i loved it so i know i will love the 800etec.
DeereSledHeadFarmer

Post by DeereSledHeadFarmer »

Have been looking at either the doo mxzx 600etec or 136 pro r switchback Polaris in orange. After doing research and riding the new rmotion am leaning towards the 136 pro r. One reason is price and the other is the basic rmotion is not as adjustable as with the quick adjust which I don't need. I want the adjustability and don't care if t is easy. Also the mxzx only comes with electric start which don't need to spend money on. Though was really impresses in the rmoion for the little I rode one. The etec fuel and oil consumption is very dependent in the rider. The 600etecs are getting like 17mpg. And the 600 rush about 13-14. Oil consumption about 100 miles less to tank on Polaris. Longevity of rush suspension is still a concern for me but the 4 year warranty is looking good. Don't have much to say for the cats as I was not to impressed when I looked at them in person. And yamahahahahahahha-yeah right.
-Matthew

-1974 JD 300
-1981 JD Spitfire
-2005 Polaris XCSP 500
-2012 Polaris Switchback Pro R 600
chris71605

Post by chris71605 »

The romotion is just as adjustable with or with the optional running board adjusters. Its just not as handy being that it is inside the tunnel like a normal sled. I like the new polaris switchback but if i was going to buy a 600 i would for sure get the etec. Power to weight ratio is awsome not to mention fuel and oil economy is way better. If you order a new doo they have some pretty good options you can pick from. All the etec's come with elec. start so u dont have to burn up one of your options on it. The price is a big defference. polaris has a lower price. The extra price is for the technology in the etec. All in all probably cant go wrong with either one. And i get what your saying about yamaha. lol
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

I fully intend to continue my streak of never having ridden a sled built after 1985. Whoops, there was one caveat. Bob put me on Ross Yami to get me out of the woods after my accident. Don't remember much about the ride.

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
chris71605

Post by chris71605 »

Cant beat a ride on the old iron. but if you like big miles like i do, the old 76 just doesnt quite cut it.
DeereSledHeadFarmer

Post by DeereSledHeadFarmer »

I really don't think you can go wrong with any new sled. For the rmotion I am pretty sure the spring preload is 40% more adjustable with the quick adjust than the regular rmotion. That's what they say in the advertising anyway.
-Matthew

-1974 JD 300
-1981 JD Spitfire
-2005 Polaris XCSP 500
-2012 Polaris Switchback Pro R 600
chris71605

Post by chris71605 »

I ordered my new sled today. Decided to go with the skidoo MXZX 800ETEC. Went with the quick adjust and ice ripper track. Can't wait for next year.
Ruppster1

Post by Ruppster1 »

Good Job on the new sled--got myself a 2010 Polaris Shift last season--would like another new one but will wait till the fall to see how the $$$$ situation is then---would love to get a new PRO R. Can't go wrong with that Doo with the ETEC--My son has 1 and they are great machines and engines--you will really enjoy it. Never riden a sled newer than a 1985--Wow--I like the old Iron and always have a couple around to ride every season but I LOVE TO SNOWMOBILE and we put on 2000 miles a season with all 4 in my family riding our own machines---can't Imagine only riding the vintage stuff and probably only getting a couple hundred miles a season. We run 200+ mile days and feel great---I love the old stuff too----BUT---just love to sled too much to not enjoy the reliability and ride on the new machines. Putting the sleds away this weekend and getting out the QUAD so now comes the long wait until JANUARY 2012 and my next ride...