Track Help!?!

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
mctavish.95

Track Help!?!

Post by mctavish.95 »

I bought a spitfire a while ago and it has a different track on it (since the right one is so hard to find) and to make the track fit they had to move the suspension ahead about an inch.
I want to use this track in one of my restorations but I am not sure what kind of track it is. I looked at this thing forever and could only find a couple numbers and no brand name or anything. The numbers on the outside (facing the ground) of the track in the center belt are 679 9710 and on the inside of the track (facing the suspension) it has the number 239 on the inside also.
Can anybody please help??

Thanks!
JDT

Re: Track Help!?!

Post by JDT »

That is a Camoplast track number but I do not know what it is from.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
JDT

Post by JDT »

The 239 is a production number.

If you ask a Camoplast dealer to look up the number in an old catolog I bet they can provide you with the fitment info.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
JoeRainville

Post by JoeRainville »

MC,

Can you provide a little more info? For example the slide rail center distance and the track drive lug pitch and location of the rows of drive lugs would be a great help. The only other factory prodution sled that had a 2" drive lug pitch aside from Deere was Polaris on the Direct Drive "Cutlass" "Start" and "SS" models. But, they had a wider slide rail center distance than Deere did, and instead of having the drive lugs on the outer belts, they were located on the center belt only in two rows of two.

While the 2.52" pitch tracks are more common, no one ever made a production 2.52" pitch sprocket in a small enough diameter two work well on a DD sled. This does not include the 16 Scorpion sleds from 2001 or any of the prototype 82 era Cat's however.

I hope this helps!
-Joe Rainville
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.