I Give Up!!!! Liquifire Problems

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
Mr. Deere

I Give Up!!!! Liquifire Problems

Post by Mr. Deere »

Well I'm back again with yet another problem with this dam sled. It starts and runs ok at best id say but then it chokes itself out somewhat and dies. Also if you shut it down good luck restarting it. This is a fresh motor and fresh carbs professionaly rebuilt last summer. I am going out of my mind with this thing. I dont know what else is the problem! It also seems like its loading up way too much on oil. Smokes something awful and spews it out the ball joint. Last I remember I was mixing 50:1 cause I wasn't sure the oiler was working. Maybe this is the root of my problems. Kinda nervous running it on straight gas. Thanks.
BOB From MASS
OWN: 1 1983 JOHN DEERE LIQUIFIRE 440
1 1973 JOHN DEERE JDX8 440
1 1982 JOHN DEERE SPORTFIRE 440
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
GOTTA LOVE THAT TWO STROKE SMELL
JDT

Re: I Give Up!!!! Liquifire Problems

Post by JDT »

Bob you still have the same gas in the tank when you started working on this sled?

That would make the fuel 3 years old right?
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
skoalmint

Post by skoalmint »

Mr Deere it sounds like you have the same problem i had with mine.Head gasket leeking anti feeze! Mine did the same exact thing.Did you pressure test? Brock
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Hahaha very funny! No its from winter. Stabled it to! It was 93 if I remember correctly. Brock the motor was pressure tested and passed when It was re built. I'm not down any coolant either. I dont know what else. It has to be fuel oil related. I'm stuck. I see everyone else's liquifires and how well they run and I want that!
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I want Demi Moore & Danica Patrick too but I know that's out of the question, so maybe your expectations are just a little to high..

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Hahaha very funny! Ken what do you think? Is it possible its flooding out on oil? I just can't understand why it wont restart even when warm! You have one good pop and it sorta half ass runs then you go to give it Gas and it dies. Then you pull your arm off to get it to run again.
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
JD600

Post by JD600 »

if you have 50:1 in the tank, unhook the oil pump and see how it runs.

DE
Dustin Elder
Salem, OH

Midmounts.... Lots and lots of midmounts...

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I agree with DE except I would drain the gas & use the injection, I'm sure it's working if using at this time of the year & running on the stand I would put in a B8ES style plug your not going to run it that hard anyway ( BUT make sure to get them OUT of the engines when running in the snow..) Also the throttle cable might be injecting more oil in the engine than it needs right now too Ck to make sure the cable is adjusted properly at the injection pump..
Make sure your choke plungers aren't raised in the carb body's also
Kenny
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Alright.. The tank is just about empty. So do you think I should dump straight gas in?? I am kind nervous. I think i have some BR8ES kicking around. The oiler is closed at an idle so it is adjusted right i think.. I need to check the chokes tho.. I never thought of that.. I can get some 93 tomorrow and try it. I just dont want to melt it down!! :(
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
AirborneX4Special

Post by AirborneX4Special »

Pull the fuel pump impulse line, engage the kill switch, and crank the engine to make sure the crankcase is not flooded. The pump diaphragm has failed on my sleds twice without warning.

Pat
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

ICCSF 108 wrote:I want Demi Moore & Danica Patrick too but I know that's out of the question, so maybe your expectations are just a little to high..

Kenny
At the same time?? sign me ......just wondering
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Alright Pat I never thought of that.. I know the pumps new but I've seen new parts crap out too.. I am gonna grab some straight 93 and dump it in to see what happens.
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
harleysportster

Post by harleysportster »

Mr. Deere wrote:Alright Pat I never thought of that.. I know the pumps new but I've seen new parts crap out too.. I am gonna grab some straight 93 and dump it in to see what happens.
You should verify the pump working before running straight gas. As per the Kawi Invader service manual, Run premix gas, unhook the oil lines at the intake manifold and place in seperate container. Run the engine at 3,000rpm and rotate the oil pump control full-open. Oil should be pumping out in pulses. There is a measurement of the flow per minute, 1.68 to 2.03 cc per minute.
Here is a link to the Kawi service manual.
http://www.vintagesnow.com/Kawasaki_fil ... der_SM.pdf
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

Now Don that might be a little too much to ask for!

Kenny
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Well good thing I didnt do it! I dont know if I have a small enough container. I will have to try it. Its supposed to pour here tomorrow tho. I'll mix up 50:1 and give it a try. Hopefully I can keep it running long enough.
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600