I Give Up!!!! Liquifire Problems

Technical topics related to machines powered by Kasasaki motors
Mr. Deere

Re: I Give Up!!!! Liquifire Problems

Post by Mr. Deere »

Hahahahaha good to know Todd!! Dont need any more problems! Hackinator I did have the carbs gone through but im not sure if they re jetted or just cleaned them. I should probably open them up and find out. Who knows maybe they forgot to put one in. I have some new jets kicking around so I could change em out. Sled has good spark from what i can tell. I will have to try a fresh set of plugs tomorrow. Hopefully my Good used CDI shows up as well. I defiantly still think its flooded. I was told to try taking the muffler off to to try and see if it is full of fuel and oil. I will do that and probably rip into the carbs as well. Gas sat all season in them and im sure aint pretty.
BOB From MASS
OWN: 1 1983 JOHN DEERE LIQUIFIRE 440
1 1973 JOHN DEERE JDX8 440
1 1982 JOHN DEERE SPORTFIRE 440
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
GOTTA LOVE THAT TWO STROKE SMELL
Hackinator

Post by Hackinator »

Yeah, if it is flooded there is usually an oil/gas mixture seeping out of the joint where the exhaust manifold connects to the muffler. Yes, do make sure to drain the crank case before trying to start the thing. Otherwise your crank seals will implode and you'll have to take the whole engine out and tear it down again. Not something you'd like to do.

It has good spark so it is not the ignition coil. Drain the engine, put fresh fuel in the tank or run an auxiliary tank while testing. I took my carbs completely apart, soaked them in acid over night, sprayed them with soda water solution the next morning to stop any oxidation, went at some of the cosmetic parts with steel wool, and then put all new parts into them.

Check the floats in those carbs, too. Sometimes the floats have a tendency to stick on those little pins if they (or the holes in the floats) aren't perfectly clean. Once the carbs have been cleaned up, you should be able to hear both floats move freely when you flip the carb upside-down to right-side-up.
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Well upon further investigation and talks with Kenny and everyone else I have come up with a solution. Hackinator I am drained the motor and am going to dump in fresh Straight gas as i verified oiler operation. I am goin to remove the muffler and drain that and try running without it. On the Spark Diagnoses Kenny told me it wasn't very good by what i described to him. Its a weak orange flame. My point sled throws more heat with a nice blue Spark. He suggested defiantly getting new plugs and that new CDI which i have here. I will then go through the carbs and check the Stator and Coil assembly if all else fails. trying to go at this one problem at a time!
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
Hackinator

Post by Hackinator »

Any update?
ICCSF 108

Post by ICCSF 108 »

I'll bet he's been busy trimming tree limbs from the storm & hasn't had time to think about the Liquifire..

Kenny
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
rvanstrien

Post by rvanstrien »

i am having a similar problem but not flooding out
starts good cold. but hot no go your arm just about falls of starting it
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Correct Kenny!! Pulled an 80hr week last week. 6AM till 11 or so at night. So i took all of your advice and heres the skinny. Pulled the Muffler and burned all the crap outta it. I replaced the CDI but it still looks like the sparks the same. Put in some BR8ES plugs and still no go. Pulled the Carbs out and Cleaned all the oily green mess outta the bowels.. I then installed them and it ran after some priming.. I ran it up to 175 F or so to try and burn off the oil. Let it cool down and nothing. It pops and runs at 1000RPM or so but dies when you try and feather it to run. It will keep doing this until it finally just pops and dies. Im soo close with this one! I had a feeling it was a carb problem. I must say it defiantly helped. What else you guys suggest??
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
fordmtrsp

Post by fordmtrsp »

I'm guessing the internal coil.
S_Kyle

Post by S_Kyle »

I would also go through the carbs a second time. If there was green stuff in the carbs, I would say there maybe more stuff in the carb.
Scott Kyle,
Liquifire: 77 (440) (2), 600: 73,74,75
Massey Whirlwind: 76 440 (2)
Mercury Hurricane 644: 72,73
OMC Snowcruiser: 66,68,70
Rupp: 70 34 Sprint
Allouettte Super Brute: 74 (5)
OTC Deere sled dyno
Kulture Vulture

Post by Kulture Vulture »

Just a thought, try setting your choke plungers a little deeper.
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

I hope its still not electrical related.. I HATE ELECTRICAL!! I did a dam good job cleaning and blowing out all the crap in them. I guess i could re go through them. I will have to check chokes again too. Been awhile.
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
427cobra

Post by 427cobra »

Did you remove the pilot jets? Make sure they were clear?

Disassemble the needle and seats as well. Clean the them really good. You can you a q-tip to clean the seat.

When you remove the carbs again write down all the jet sizes for both carbs and let us know what jetting you are running.

Remember to remove all the jets when you clean the carbs...
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

Ok I'll have to remove the carbs again. I had everything torn down. And I blew it all out with compressed air and carb cleaner. I will write all the sizes down. I thought i had some new ones kicken around but im not sure were. Hopefully thats all it is!! I hope its not the coils :(
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600
Anjinc2

Post by Anjinc2 »

i had problem like this changed banjo fittings fpr oil injection on bottom of intake an d problem solved when it does run does it smoke like crazy but i bet a new stator is gonna fix ur problem
Mr. Deere

Post by Mr. Deere »

It does smoke like crazy for a few mins then it clears out. Almost like its flooded. I had new plugs in it this weekend and it didnt even attempt to fire. Shot a lil either and it popped and died instantly. Pulled and pulled and nothing. Not even a backfire. I'm so frustrated with this thing.
BOB From MASS
1 2000 SKIDOO MXZ 600