having a pop tonight about thrown away sleds

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
lwb140

having a pop tonight about thrown away sleds

Post by lwb140 »

so today my long time buddy/tire salesman stopped buy to take a look at a tire deal i got brewing [totally unrelated to sleds] he noticed a few jd sleds parked around and asked "what is up with the snowmobiles" long story short he resently disposed of a matches set of 340 cyclones 76s mearly if not consecutive serial number sleds he said " i didnt know of anyone who would want them so we put them in the dumpster when we roofed the barn " . point is these sleds are out there we just have to keep our eyes open , the sleds came from a local farmer bought new at the same time wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
JoeRainville

Re: having a pop tonight about thrown away sleds

Post by JoeRainville »

Too bad it never occured to the guy to check eBay, craigslist, or just to put them outfront with a "FREE" sigh. Rats.
Honorary Tech Editor

Chuck Norris doesn't get frost bite. He bites the frost.
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

yah , bad deal he was about as "green" as i was after our visit point being ive known this guy for years and he tossed two sister cyclones ,like rescently :sick2: wade
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
SpitfireKing

Post by SpitfireKing »

Then you get the opposite...I looked at a 80 Trailfire today that was in ok shape, but had a side belly panel cracked, hood cracked and fixed, but not a great job, hasn't ran in 15+ years and the gas tank was pure tar, track so tight I couldn't turn it over so I gurantee the bearings were ratched and he wanted $700.00 and lowest he would go was $600, because he saw some on the "intranet" that were around that money and he told me when I spoke to him originally "show room condition"

It's great to love these sleds and keep them alive, but ike all hobbies they have to have a limit...you guys would probably be mad when I stack up the bodies I strip like cord wood and send them to the crusher....but I just can't turn my yard into a boneyard
[
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

I'll share a "tip" with all of you living in snowmobile country. Befriend your John Deere dealer's service department, especially Consumer Product dealers. They go on service calls a lot to work on lawn tractors, Gators, tractors,etc. They are the ones that actually notice the old sleds sitting in the shops. If you're a good friend with them they'll likely tell the customers that they know someone that will take the sleds. Bingo!!

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
johnnycyclone

Post by johnnycyclone »

I came to a quick realization that they all can't be saved. I have several right now that I know of, that I could bring home. But, the problem is having enough time, money and space to devote to them. So concentrate on the ones you can save Wade, and don't worry about the rest, it will drive you crazy.

Terre
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

johnnycyclone wrote:I came to a quick realization that they all can't be saved. I have several right now that I know of, that I could bring home. But, the problem is having enough time, money and space to devote to them. So concentrate on the ones you can save Wade, and don't worry about the rest, it will drive you crazy.

Terre
thanks for the dose of sanity , point well taken wade
Kulture Vulture

Post by Kulture Vulture »

I woulda punched the guy who put them in the dumpster.