Sno Stuff or Kimpex

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
sledz

Sno Stuff or Kimpex

Post by sledz »

Just opened up my shipping box from DK and my Kimpex windshield was broken, Grrrr

If its broke before I even put it on, what will a season bring??? Is Sno Stuff a better brand cause I could have paid another 15 bucks more for one of them and now I'm thinking I should if the quality is better??

Anbody have any thoughts on this kanundrum?
harleysportster

Re: Sno Stuff or Kimpex

Post by harleysportster »

sledz wrote:Just opened up my shipping box from DK and my Kimpex windshield was broken, Grrrr

If its broke before I even put it on, what will a season bring??? Is Sno Stuff a better brand cause I could have paid another 15 bucks more for one of them and now I'm thinking I should if the quality is better??

Anbody have any thoughts on this kanundrum?
If the windshield is broke in the box, it was from poor shippinf or handling.
The Kimpex is a better windshield, it's thicker and resembles the original more closely. I have used both types. The Sno-stuff tends to flex more and on some models of snowmobiles, they will actually fold over at moderate to fast speeds.
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

so the sunday before the vc i realized i needed a windshield for my backup sled 78 l/f which ulimately i rode on the challenge . rather than install a new in the plastic snowstuff i had on the shelf i ordered a kimpex from als snowmobile anicipating having it by thursday morning in time to take north . that morning i recieved an audimated email from als notifiying of my tracking number and letting me know my windshield was just then leaving there facility , so much to my dismay i went to the trailer and reluctantly bolted on my snowstuff windshield which in the past have not been the best of quality . the snowstuff was much better quality and even at 75 mph across one of the lakes [for a very short time] it held up fine and worked great . i do have one of their windshields on another sled and at 30 mph and its folded back in your face and rattling and buzzing . maybe snowstuff has inproved their stuff , just an observation wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
sledz

Post by sledz »

I had thought the Kimpex was the better brand, but why the inflated price for a seemingly an inferior product?
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Don't want to sound like a broken record but why not pay the bucks and get one from cannonclassicsleds.com? Admittedly Jeff has been busy and has family illness which is sad but his products are absolutely the BEST!!

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
Deerenuts

Post by Deerenuts »

I second the cannon classic! Nice looking and correct windshield will set a sled apart from the rest.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I would just return that windshield that was damaged in shipping and request a new one. Yes, polycarbonate can crack, just like the originals. It makes sense that the sno-stuff is less likely to crack because it's softer and flexible, but probably too flexible.
:usa: Matt - JDsleds.com Administrator
eppjd

Post by eppjd »

I ordered 2 from Cannon just recently, not in a big hurry, and to my surprise they shipped within 3 days of my order!
Adam Epp
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

74 400 (2 - sold)
75 800 (motor in pieces, next on the resto list)
75 X4 Special (bare tunnel, stripped)
76 340 Cyclone (resto in progress)
76 340 Cyclone (bare tunnel, stripped)
sledrescue

Post by sledrescue »

Thanks for the Thumbs Up guys! I am considering retiring from the windshield business after this snow season is done. Not 100% sure at this point but the thought has entered my mind more then once. I'm tired, exhausted and tired of fighting certain websites and their shenanigans.

When you have customers that have attempted to put praise out there on a website to let others know what I have helped them out with. They have taken the time to type up a big Thank You just to not have it post on the website because of a filter that filters out my name or my Business name. I just had another Customer contact me the other day asking me why? He had attempted to post something and never show up on the website. I am not going to name names here but this has gone on for years now and I am simply tired of it. Some of you on here I know frequent this website I speak of. If you were in my shoes you would feel the same way.

So what I am saying is you guys that want to control everything you have WON! However, the real losers here are going to be people that can no longer get that finishing part from me to finalize their restoration project. How will this effect the hobby? I don't know but I am sure it will put a pretty big impact in the hobby if I decide to stop doing windshields.
sledrescue

Post by sledrescue »

P.S. Don, I hope to have your remaining windshields done soon that I owe you. Thank you for your patience!

Jeff
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Jeff, I have not lost one seconds sleep over it. I am very happy to wait. So sad to hear about your dilemma elsewhere. If I was younger I would buy you out in a heartbeat, too late now for me. Your products have ALWAYS been the best and I for one appreciate it. I have received many compliments for my sled restorations but I've always known that as a rule when looking at a sled you normally look at the hood first followed by the windshield. If the windshield looks bad the rest of the restoration is moot. Best wishes my friend!!

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
johnnycyclone

Post by johnnycyclone »

Jeff,
If you decide to give it up I certainly understand, but you will be sorely missed for sure. I have purchased 5 windshields from you now, and I have 2 more projects scheduled for this summer/fall, and both will need windshields. I have been more than satisfied with both the product, and the service, it's top notch in my opinion. Maybe a short break from the business will be all that is needed. Either way I wish you well in whatever you decide, and hopefully I will have the opportunity to purchase more of your windshields in the future.

Terre
JDGuy

Post by JDGuy »

I have two of Jeff's windshields.........excellent. Hope you can stay with it Jeff.

Guy
69camaro

Post by 69camaro »

I also have a couple of Jeff's windshields and they are of the highest quality. Jeff, please let us know on this site if you are in fact closing the doors so the members on this site get a last chance to order windshields.
75-340/s
76-340 Liquifire
77-440 Liquifire Custom
78-440 Liquifire
84-Liquifire
84-Sportfire
84-Sprintfire
84-Snowfire
78-Polaris TXL
82-Indy 500
91-XC 400
91-Indy 500 Special
94-Indy 440 Special
95-XCR 440 Special
96-XCR 440 Special
99-XC 600
04-XC 700
81-Kawasaki 440 Invader
ChickenRat

Post by ChickenRat »

I have multiple windshields from Jeff and they have all been great. Can't go wrong there at all.

If you have to choose between Sno Stuff & Kimpex, go Kimpex. It's better quality all the way.

Robb