Grass Drag Track

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
deere memorabilia

Grass Drag Track

Post by deere memorabilia »

Has anyone else ever ran it a track like this? It has GRASS DRAG NO WARRANTY molded into the inside of the track. The outside has two direction arrows and 30 HP max on it with no part number or brand name. It is looks like a 100 series track but is made out of a much more flexible rubber. I found it in a Liquidator with a heavy suspension. The suspension was ran with a full wheel kit and no hyfax. This set up was much like what was ran in a 295/s boogie slide. Any ideas?
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
80spitfire

Re: Grass Drag Track

Post by 80spitfire »

Wow that's pretty wild Jesse. Nice find!

-Brian
72' 500 Restored
74' 295/S Unrestored
75' 340/S Rider
76' Liquidator Restored
77' Liquifire Rider
80' Spitfire Restored
TASKY

Post by TASKY »

I got to ideas for you. First, I think it means that the original supplier of the track would not warranty it and it was to be used for grass dragging. Secondly, I am not to sure about this next idea but I wouldnt put it on a sled with more than 30 Hp. Remember you asked...
dator

Post by dator »

Jesse, Steve was asking me about the track last night. Today i was giving it some thought, and i remember on Enduro Team with Cormican, JD engineering gave us some light weight tracks to test on some of our 340/S sleds.If remember correctly we put a track on 1 of Dales sled, and 1 on mine. In early December, we took them out to Maple Lake Mn, we had radar guns to test the speed, there was very little snow on the lake.We did some runs at close to 100mph, in about a 3 mile run, after Dale did some fine tuning on the clutches. On the 3rd run Dale blew his track, we did a few more runs with my sled, not sure if we got to 100mph or not, but it sure was fast. After that we went back to the regular tracks for cross country racing, i don't know what ever happened to those light weight tracks.
JD definitely had some light weight tracks for testing, not sure for what,maybe lake racing, and grass dragging.
Just some thoughts.
Bob E
deere memorabilia

Post by deere memorabilia »

Bob, we're the tracks you used all rubber or cleated?
JDT

Post by JDT »

I have seen tracks like this on old Scorps.

I think they were aftermarket.

Very thin and very light.
And they were market 30 HP max. but not embossed for grass draging.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
dator

Post by dator »

deere memorabilia wrote:Bob, we're the tracks you used all rubber or cleated?
They were all rubber---I think someone said they were made for the 295/S, but they were to flimsy. Ed Kruel might shed some light on the matter.

Bob E