How do you deal with a crazy person?

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
69camaro

How do you deal with a crazy person?

Post by 69camaro »

This winter was great but rough at the same time. I sell parts from the major manufactures and John Deere parts through the winter as a hobby and to fund mine and my boys riding as well as saving up money to restore my 340/S. I'd like to say that I take care of everyone but when the snow flies and the trails are open it's impossible. Well last season I had 1 day with my youngest son Kyle. This season we had middle February through March 23rd and I didn't get everything done. If anyone who didn't get parts they wanted please PM me and if you don't want to that's fine too. If I had to choose between my sons and parts I pick my sons and riding with them all day long. I have many friends on here I know personally and really appreciate the fun and times we spend together as well as friends I've never met face to face. This winter I believe I've had my oddest conversation and e-mails I've had in my entire life and that's "how do you deal with a crazy person" I'm not going to name a name and I don't know if it's a board member even. This person was from New York and that's the only thing I'm saying besides I was parting a 72 500. At the end of February we had a nice conversation on the phone. March 10th I stated that I was riding and that it was going to have to be put on hold until the season was over and the reply was that it was fine because it was a project that was ongoing for next winter. Shortly after Kyle and me went for a ride on the weekend of the 23rd of March in the UP I e-mailed this person about our trip in detail and stated I was ready to fill his order. A few days later I got a reply with not exactly the reply I expected (with terrible grammer and spelling). I replied with the corrections and got called every name in the book replied back to me with of coarse bad grammer and spelling. I guess you can make most people happy most of the time and not all all of the time. If anyone wants to PM me with who it was I"m ok with that as long as Matt's ok with it because I don't want any of the honorable people who use this site to take the same abuse I did. I just had to write this because it was really bothering me. I've never had this happen before. Any thoughts anyone?
75-340/s
76-340 Liquifire
77-440 Liquifire Custom
78-440 Liquifire
84-Liquifire
84-Sportfire
84-Sprintfire
84-Snowfire
78-Polaris TXL
82-Indy 500
91-XC 400
91-Indy 500 Special
94-Indy 440 Special
95-XCR 440 Special
96-XCR 440 Special
99-XC 600
04-XC 700
81-Kawasaki 440 Invader
ICCSF 108

Re: How do you deal with a crazy person?

Post by ICCSF 108 »

You've learned to deal with ME so whats the problem? Although I do have spell ck!

Grumpy
AKA: Kenny, Grumpy, Mr. Richard Head
"I Hunt For it, Purchase it, Haul it, Sometimes Repair it, Sometimes Break it, Then Fix it Again, Label it, Warehouse it, Talk About it, So NOW, HOW Can I Take Any Less $$ For It?"
"God I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning, That smell, you know that Gasoline/Oil Smell, MAKES the whole place SMELL like.. LIKE VICTORY. You know someday the 2 strokers are gonna end..."
Do Anti-War Protesters have reunions? If so what do they TALK about?
lwb140

Post by lwb140 »

ive learned in my short 41 years we are all a little different. we all think differently and all have different expectations of one another ,im sorry you had a bad expereince and are willing to step up and share it with us. hopefully he was able to find what he needed and you were able to sell your items to someone else and all is well!! dont let it ware on you Duane as life is too short. We've got your back and understand the importance of family and kids. I sell a ton of stuff on ebay and about every 2 or 3 years ill get a negitive feedback out of the blue for seemingly no reason of from an idiot who recieved his item a day late or something stupid or out of my control. better yet from someone who had no idea what they were buying or what they needed. all we can do is our best and treat people as we would want to be treated and move foreward wade
certificate recipiant of the 12 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifre 440,
certificate recipiant of the 13 vintage challenge !! on a 340/s
certificate recipient of the 14 vintage challenge !! on a 78 liquifire 440
joe forgot the certificates for the 2015 vintage challenge
crossed the start/finish line twice at the 2013 and 2014 I500 on a 78 liquifire 440
I500

Post by I500 »

Kenny beat me to it.........How do you deal with a crazy person?....How long have I known you and you are just doing fine. Tell me to shut up and I will calm down.
TASKY

Post by TASKY »

Duane, I am not sure how I do it but I have been putting up with you for several years now. HEE HEE HEE
SKNOWCAT

Post by SKNOWCAT »

Hey Duane, maybe it was Rainvile during a return visit to New York. I hear he gets pretty cranky when he's away from Texas these days. Word is he even put a set of those big ass Texas steer horns on the front of his chebby pickup.
Steve T.
air mechanic

Post by air mechanic »

Hello,new member here,just wondering do you have a or know where a "grill" for a 78 Liquifire is? Mine is missing on the sled I bought.(was on it but blew off when a buddy traiered it part way to me) I promise to be a bit more pleasant to deal with than the other chap!!
69camaro

Post by 69camaro »

hanks Tasky. LOL. No Steve it wasn't a former New Yorker with big axx horns. Chuck and Kenny both told me that the 76/77 grills worked just fine on the 78. Maybe it is me that's going crazy? Thanks for the great advise Wade. Well, it felt goo to get it off my chest.
75-340/s
76-340 Liquifire
77-440 Liquifire Custom
78-440 Liquifire
84-Liquifire
84-Sportfire
84-Sprintfire
84-Snowfire
78-Polaris TXL
82-Indy 500
91-XC 400
91-Indy 500 Special
94-Indy 440 Special
95-XCR 440 Special
96-XCR 440 Special
99-XC 600
04-XC 700
81-Kawasaki 440 Invader
JDT

Post by JDT »

Well they say people from NY are rude.

Some say the French are too.

But many Frenchmen explored the upper midwest before Hancock signed his name big.
These trappers and traders must have been a kinder and gentler sort.

Sorry. I digress.
JWTR why you givin Duane a hard time???
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
schavejdsnow

Post by schavejdsnow »

Sorry to hear that .Not all people from New York are That way . But I will agree there is a few around who I would love to take hunting .I have been very lucky to only have that happen once . You cant please everyone. Thanks for the post John
72 400/500
73 500 one Dad bought new
74 300/295s
75 800/340s
76 340 LIq
78 Liq 340/cc/Spitfire
80 Liq/Sport
81 Liq
82 Liq/Sport/Sprint/Snow/Spit,
83 Liq/Sport/Trail/Sprint/Snow
84 Liqx3/Sportx3/Trailx3/Sprintx3/Snowx2
69camaro

Post by 69camaro »

I don't think it's a state thing. Just a fluke deal. The oddest thing of all is we must have shot the shxx on the phone for a half hour and it was like we were the best of buds. It was just really unexpected. When I got the rude name calling and swearing I at first thought it was a joke or just an accident. I think you know what I mean Kenny, :lol22:
75-340/s
76-340 Liquifire
77-440 Liquifire Custom
78-440 Liquifire
84-Liquifire
84-Sportfire
84-Sprintfire
84-Snowfire
78-Polaris TXL
82-Indy 500
91-XC 400
91-Indy 500 Special
94-Indy 440 Special
95-XCR 440 Special
96-XCR 440 Special
99-XC 600
04-XC 700
81-Kawasaki 440 Invader
skoalmint

Post by skoalmint »

69 camaro, I have had some of the same things happen to me as well ! When the snow flies people get CRAZY. I think most wait till there is 4 inches of snow then worry about the parts they need. Wade said it best , all we can do is our best and treat everyone as you would expect to be treated and move forward!!!!! :think: Now if we could all do that it would be so easy to really enjoy our hobby . Lets face it we are never gonna get rich messing w old sleds ,so u just have to love it to do it. Sorry you had a bad deal . Brock
400brian

Post by 400brian »

You weren't dealing with Ronnie Dunkleman were you? :shock:

'09 Vintage Challenge Survivor, and I wasn't late for supper!
'10, '11, '12, '13,'14,'15,'16,'17, '18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Vintage Challenge Survivor !
72 400 restored, Father bought new in '71
73 X8 restored
'74 340 green machine
'74 X8 9 time VC finisher
'78 Spitfire in progress
2 '75 340S 1 running, one on deck
'78 LF 440 future CC clone
'73 Skiroule RTX 440, 500 mi.
JDT

Post by JDT »

Hey guys I was jokin about NY'ers.

I am sure there are a few bad apples every where.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
WinnipegStPaul9

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Don't mean to hijack this thread but a couple months ago I had a triple driver for sale and a fellow in Maine ( not sure if he's a board member) wanted to buy it. Well as things happen, he was in Florida when I got ready to ship it and I was headed for Florida the next week so I hadn't shipped the driver nor had he paid me (both good things). Last week when I saw the box in my shop I realized that I had failed to contact him. When I did contact him his reply was " I need a lot more than the driver, my shop burned a week and a half ago". Needless to say I'm saddened, certainly not because of the loss of the sale, as a complete loss would be devastating. Micheal, if you're reading this I hope things get better pal !!!

DA
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.