LED Lighting Question

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
Miramichi440

LED Lighting Question

Post by Miramichi440 »

I'm wondering about the use of LED lighting tech in older sleds. There was a post about this from a few years ago, but has there been any investigation into this since? In the older post, there was discussion about using a low watt LED in the tail light and maybe a brighter bulb up front.

The sled in question is a 1978 440 Liquifire. No electric start. What would be needed to change over the whole system to LEDs? Is it even possible to use the new LEDs in this sled? Thoughts, directions? :think:
JDT

Re: LED Lighting Question

Post by JDT »

LED's require DC voltage to work. As your machine has AC power you would need to convert it to DC. This requires a rectifier which is inexpensive and readily available. There may be LED light systems out there that have rectifiers built in to them that are meant to run on 12 volts.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
WinnipegStPaul9

Re: LED Lighting Question

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

Todd, I made up some e-start rectifiers a couple of years ago. I'll post a picture. Would this help him if he found a place to mount it? It has to be mounted with plastic washers which come with it. Signed: Just Curious
Attachments
AM54972Recitifier2.jpg
AM54972Rectifier1.jpg
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.