MN Vintage

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
427cobra

MN Vintage

Post by 427cobra »

Has anyone ordered anything from MN Vintage latley? Ive been waiting two months for parts that I've already paid for. No response to any emails or anything!! I sent emails to Mn Vintage and Greg's email...no luck with either!!

Anyone have any idea whats going on? I've been patient and have been waiting.......now its been too long to file a complaint through pay pal!!! :wall:

Eric
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
mwking

MN Vintage

Post by mwking »

I was just going to post a message about the same thing. I emailed back and forth to Greg about getting a cylinder sleeved back about three months ago. I emailed a couple of times in the last month and got no response. I put in an order on July 5th and asked about it again. I ordered a bunch of little stuff that totaled over $100 so shipping should be free. The ebay invoice had shipping on it so I requested a total from him on the 5th and again on the 9th and haven't heard anything. I've usually been amazed at how fast Greg emails back when I order something and never had any problems getting things right away. He's great to deal with normally, I was starting to worry after his ebay store went to about six items, back to more than ever and back down again. Now it only has 23 items.
'84 Liquifire,'84 Sportfire, '83 Sprintfire, '82 Spitfire, '82 Trailfire LX, '80 Liquifire (2), '80 Sportfire,'80 340 Trailfire, '79 Spitfire
JDT

MN Vintage

Post by JDT »

It is not just MN Vintage that is slow. All the suppilers that I use are slacking off as of late. I think that some of the sellers do not think that you need the parts until fall. One told me over the phone "Who works on snowmobiles in the Summer?"

Also inventories of sled parts are not maintained at high levels in the summer. When one gets back orders on windsheilds and wear bars in July it is frustrating.

Many of us find the off season the BEST time to wrench on sleds. Lots of daylight in the evening, vacation time put to good productive use, rebuilding suspensions to be ready for winter, and parts sleds in yards that are not buried in snow drifts.

Oh sure, there are issues: mosquitoes, mud daubbers, ratchet handles so hot they leave marks on your hands and slow response time for repair parts but I am fixing sleds every day all summer, hell all year round for that matter. And in the winter it is more fun to ride than to repair. If the snow gods are on our side. Last year snow was minimal at best in my area.

All the listing on Gregs E-bay store are in vacation mode at this writing and have been for some time. I have had to purchase items alswhere. But I am sure that the guys in Duluth are spending quality time with family and friends, as they should and deserve to do.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
427cobra

MN Vintage

Post by 427cobra »

Your right guys. Ive always had great luck ordering parts from Greg. This is why its so frustrating now...
:eek:

I too have about $100 in parts that I have not recieved! So it would be nice to just get a refund, but I dont see that happening. I guess you win some and you lose some... :sad:

Looks like I will be placing an order with DK or Central to finish up the Cyclone rebuild... :boohoo:

JDT...

I agree with you....wrenching on sleds is so much easier in the summer than the winter.... :lol: :brrr:

Eric
Eric A.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne
TASKY

MN Vintage

Post by TASKY »

I do all of my business other places. I am maybe 2 miles as the crow flies away from Gregs house and it just is not worth the hassle. Dennis Kirk is 100 miles from my door. I can get parts shipped to my house most of the time next day, never more than 3 days from Dennis Kirk. :rolleyes:

TASKY
Last edited by TASKY on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinnipegStPaul9

MN Vintage

Post by WinnipegStPaul9 »

:sad: How sad..........MN was a great source of parts. I personally hope the best for Greg. :sad:
Feel free to check out our website www.buscobullet.com for restorations or parts.
JDT

MN Vintage

Post by JDT »

Bill do you think they will be back?
Greg has set me up with a lot of Scorpion parts also and I will miss him as a supplier if he is really gone.
Sounds like Bob can really put in a big order. (hehe)
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
mwking

MN Vintage

Post by mwking »

I just noticed this on MN Vintage's store: "Sorry that our listings are down at this time. We had someone highjack our account and our email account. We are attempting to fix this as quickly as possible. Sorry for the inconveinence." Here's hoping that things get fixed for them soon.
'84 Liquifire,'84 Sportfire, '83 Sprintfire, '82 Spitfire, '82 Trailfire LX, '80 Liquifire (2), '80 Sportfire,'80 340 Trailfire, '79 Spitfire
TASKY

MN Vintage

Post by TASKY »

High Jacked? Wa ha ha ha!!! :liar:
kioritz

MN Vintage

Post by kioritz »

That is odd, Tasky. I also live about 2 miles 'as the crow flies' from Greg and I have had nothing but dependable service some of the time.
TASKY

MN Vintage

Post by TASKY »

This post obviously has done nothing to awaken the sleeping giant. His retorts have become almost as dependable as his fairly reliable services. I have even added emoticons and still nothing. :doh:
mwking

MN Vintage

Post by mwking »

I tried calling Greg last week and the number I have has been disconnected.
JDT

MN Vintage

Post by JDT »

That can not be good.
Maybe he has moved to LA and is living with the rich and famous.
Todd Schrupp

Milbank SD
b00stinGTP

MN Vintage

Post by b00stinGTP »

I hope the best for MN Vintage, but I had a problem last winter when I ordered some clutch shoes and was sent the incorrect pair. I contacted Greg and he resent me the wrong pair again. Then Greg apologized and said he would fix the problem, but he never did. The weeks went by and Greg stopped replying to me until I made a post about it on the forum. Only after did I make a post about it Greg replied and told me he would refund me, but he never did- instead he just banned me from the store.
Sleds I own
1974 John Deere JDX8. (SOLD)
1975 John Deere JDX4. (SOLD)
1977 John Deere Liquifire 440. (SOLD)
1978 John Deere Cyclone 340. (SOLD)
1980 John Deere Liquifire. (SOLD)
1983 John Deere Liquifire.