Are all trailfire hoods the same?

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
elachevr

Post by elachevr »

I am looking for a better hood for my 79 trailfire 340 and I found the hood of a 81 trailfire 440 online. Just wondering if it would fit.
Thanks,
Eric
79 Spitfire

Post by 79 Spitfire »

I'm not sure but i think so. But I may be wrong somebody will answer your question shortly.

-Jim
James

1979 Spitfire 340
1980 Trailfire 440
JDFanPa

Post by JDFanPa »

I also think they are aside from graphics and paint color your 79 has the goldish tint to the paint and the newer hood would have the nicer silver.
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

for looks they are the same however 79 opening on rear of hood were not squared out like newer ones, paint is also slight different color, decals for each year are different (mostly in lines on side and front decal)

Some 79s didnt have top vents or rear vents open. it was one or the others i believe 80 started with both top vents on either side.

Will it fit Yes. Will the paint match No. Will anybody care about ports? only us old farts that are picky.
devious10

Post by devious10 »

79 Spitfire wrote:I'm not sure but i think so. But I may be wrong somebody will answer your question shortly.

-Jim
JdfanPa, you mentioned about the 79' color being more goldish on the trailfire hoods. Do you have a paint code for this(ppg or dupont)..... Thanks :lol: