my 67 cyclone 440

General topics related to John Deere Snowmobiles
i have76cyclone440

my 67 cyclone 440

Post by i have76cyclone440 »

HEY guys,
I have a 76'cyclone 440/22 reed or something like that!i had it running with just a few hours of work! first i cleaned the gas tank more like swiped it clean.it had been sitting for a wile! replaced the fuel lins and filter nex i cleaned the carb. bought new plus(spark plugs) and i had it goin. i turned it off went and got my suit on then stared it up was goin to ride around the block.the day before i had went and got it registered.(25 dollars)!Stared it up pulled like 5 fett away and it shut off? i ajusted my carb (the jets i think) and started it up agin and my father came out he pulled it i was standing ner the motor left side and some thing small hit mye in the kneck i thought it waz just snow!! i looked at my motor and the left wall is gone in the frount of the motor then i looked closer the head of the piston is broke off and the rod is twisted and melted into the crank shaft.but i didn't her and thing like andy breaking noise?soo does any body have a 76 cylcone 440 motor i might have something to barter(trade two things without the use of $money$)or if u have any other parts windsheld?fell free to contact me beagletuba@yahoo.com :letitsnow: :sled: :sick2:
i have76cyclone440

Re: my 67 cyclone 440

i have things to barter i have found a place tht has a motor for $250 if u have anything to barter let me know beagletuba@yahooo.com

:needsnow: :letitsnow: :sled: :trackdown: :thinksnow: :twisted: :brrr: :canadasmile: :usa:
harleysportster

Post by harleysportster »

Welcome aboard, not sure where you are but here is a motor on Ebay that you could use. It is from a JDX or 800.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/John-dee ... ccessories
'76 440 cyclone
'76 440 liquifire
'78 440 Cyclone
'75 JDX8 (sold to a member here)
'78 Liquifire(CrossCountry Clone)
'80 Liquifire(sold)
i have76cyclone440

that looks like it might work i am close to lansing michigan the old great lakes